Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New beginner Quilter

Hello everyone,
    I have just very recently became intrested in quilitng. I am just learning finding things out watching how to's, reading quilt info etc. Missouri Quilter has some Great tutuorials...thanks so much for all the information. I cannot wait to begin and am so very excited. But want to make sure I KNOW what I am doing before I start. So if anyone has any important they think I should know, I would love to hear from you! :icon_wave

Re: A New beginner Quilter

Hello and welcome aboard. My suggestion is to watch the tutorials a couple of times or when you are working on a project that has that tutorial, keep it up and refer back to it as many times as you need. Also, the ladies on this site are wonderful and very helpful.

Have a blessed day.

Comment

Hello, so nice to meet you!!

Comment

Hi there and welcome. Im a new one too. I know that sometimes it seems like nothing will go together right, just take a deep breath and relax. Things change with time. Dont look at a seamripper as your enemy. Look at it as a friend you just cant live without. If you ever have any questions feel free to post them hear. The gals are very helpful. Good Luck
        Have a blessed day in HIS name!
        PAULA

Comment

Originally posted by NM Lady View Post
          Hello and welcome aboard. My suggestion is to watch the tutorials a couple of times or when you are working on a project that has that tutorial, keep it up and refer back to it as many times as you need. Also, the ladies on this site are wonderful and very helpful.

Have a blessed day.
          Thanks so much for your warm welcome and I think your advise is great....because thats exactly what I have been doing...so I guess I am on the right track.

Comment

Heck - I've been quilting for 15 years now and still learning!
            The most frustration over the years is following a pattern that is not very clear. But, eventually, you find a way to either figure it out or change the way something is done and make it work for you.
            And, always read the entire way through a pattern before you start - that helps you to 'see' what's coming up next and sometimes see if there is a problem ahead.
            And sometimes, after reading through it - go ahead and just start. For example, when I first learned how to make the pillowcases with the trim and cuff on the end, I think I read through that 50 times trying to envision what I would be doing and thought there was no way those directions were going to work. I finally just started one and lo and behold, it turned out right! I have a hard time seeing things ahead of time even though I try and try (drives my DH nuts when he says he's going to make something that will look 'just like this, Honey!' and I can't see it until it's finished).

Here's a tip on triangles for you. Whenever I would sew from tip to tip, those little buggers would want to jam in the machine right at the beginning. So, put your triangles together - start in the middle and sew to the end. Take it off the machine, flip it around, start in the middle again a few stitches back so you sew over the beginning of the stitches you already put in and sew to the end again. No more jamming!

Welcome to the forum where I'm sure if you ask, you will get answers.

Hugs,
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
            http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
            http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

H1 Susan Gad you stopped in. You'll get all the help you need right here. Just ask.
              Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

Working...
              X