Another newbie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another newbie...

My name is Patrick, I'm 27 and I am from Northwestern Kansas and have decided to take up quilting several days ago. Keep in mind, I know NOTHING about sewing/sewing machines/seam allowances... any of that; which is very scary to me. Last night, I found the (extremely) helpful tutorial videos featuring Jenny - I want to thank her for making the videos; they go at a very nice pace and she is so clear for us clueless beginners! Because of her, I dove into my first quilt (baby quilt) and was able to make a quilt front in 3 hours. I am now able to open another form of creativity for myself and found a hobby that will probably send me into bankruptcy! I hope to one day to make the 6+ hour trek to shake her hand and tell her "thank you from the bottom of my heart!". This site is awesome!

Patrick

Re: Another newbie...

Wow!! Great to have a young person...and a guy around here to keep the YSGLCG (young single good looking computer guy) company!!

Welcome!!

don't forget to post pictures...we love pictures...
    Michele

Comment

Welcome! Jenny is the best isn't she? Because of her I can now do a Dresden plate. Before that I was afraid to try anything new. Mostly b/c I didn't have a clue about anything quilting. Wait until you see the binding tutorial. Its wonderful as are all the tutorials Jenny does. The rest of the girls do good tutorials too. Enjoy!
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Welcome!!
        I can't wait to see a pic of your quilt. Nice to see a guy around here. My brother got me started in quilting.
        If you come to MO, I'll have to meet up with you!

Comment

Welcome Patrick, so glad to have you aboard! Glad you're addicted, too along w/us other Newbies! Can't wait to see your work!
          *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
          http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Comment

Welcome Patrick, this site is the best place there is to go for quilt support. Dont hesitate to post a question here. There are so many different types of quilters here, somone should be able to help ya. BTW IM gonna go broke on my new obsession also, lol.
            Have a blessed day in HIS name!
            PAULA

Comment

Working...
            X