New to quilting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to quilting

Hello, my name is Elisabeth and I am new to quilting. I have been doing cross stitch for years and have a little sewing knowledge. My mom who is a seamstress has been teaching me to sew clothes and I have successfully made a few outfits for my daughters. I love quilts and have always wanted to learn how. I finally decided to tackle this new craft. I am excited to learn as much as possible. My first project is to make a little baby quilt for my 5mo son.

Elisabeth Tyler

Re: New to quilting

Welcome. You will love it here. Everyone is so helpful. I'm new to quilting too. Just learning how. I have a couple of classes to attend in Oct. One is making a wall hanging and the other is how to hand quilt. The tutorials here are the best. Jenny is a natural born teacher and makes everything look so easy. She gives you the confidence to try. So definitely check out the tutorials. The nice thing is you can keep going back until you've got it. It's wonderful. So glad you could join us. Hugs, Jan
    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Welcome. I too am new to the quilting world. Like you I was an avid cross stictcher but now have moved into the Quilt world and love it. Great group here. I have finished one quilt and am now working on my second. Have done a few rag quilts as they are more forgiving. Anyhow again welcome.
      sigpic
      Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Hello and welcome to the group. I used to cross stitch a lot also. I still do on occasion and have tons of floss. I think at one time I purchased just about every color DMC had out. Geez!
        Shelia

Comment

Hi Elisabeth! I'm new to this site also, but not to quilting. I have found this site to be so helpful in every area where quilting is concerned. You MUST watch all of their tutorials...they are so informative and I love all of their shortcuts that they mention. I've quilted since 1974 and I am still picking up great hints when I watch them. Have a great day! Robyn
          Robyn

Comment

Hey Elisabeth and welcome to the board! I know excactly where Harrisonville is! I stayed in Archie one summer while visiting my dad and his family, it was a really nice little place, but then the smaller the town, the more I love it! You will love this board and the folks here, they're all so helpful. I'm also another Newbie and Jenny's tutes make quilting SO easy! Be sure and share pics of your work, especially the cross-stitch I love cross stitch, wish I could do it. Looking forward to pics from you soon!
            *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
            http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi!!
              I'm from Pleasant Hill/Harrisonville originally.
              (Lived on 7 between the two towns). I miss it so
              I CANNOT believe you know where it is Bridgette!!
              I was a big cross-stitcher until my hands couldn't take it anymore.
              Welcome, nice to meet you. Maybe even in person sometime?
              p.s. I have an 8 month old.

Comment

Welcome!! Glad to have you...
                Michele

Comment

Working...
                X