Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member-Mary Ann Harley

Hello Everybody,

I'am a new member from North Augusta, SC right across the bridge from Augusta, GA. Way down south where we are suffering through 100 degree + temperatures & high humidity. Y'all come on down.

I have just started quilting & really enjoy the tutorials from MS. I have trouble figuring out a pattern or book so the tutorials are a Godsend. I also enjoy gardening (8 acres). Loads of flower beds & a small vegetable garden. Am married to Jim, for 39 years. YIKES!! We have 4 Grandchildren, 3 Granddogs & two mini schnauzers of our own. Obie & Theo. I also volunteer for Schnauzer Love Rescue.

Mary Ann

Re: New Member-Mary Ann Harley

Welcome!! Glad you found us...I am in AL where we are also sweltering in the over 100 degree heat....I feel like I"m melting constantly...
    Michele

Comment

Welcome Mrs. Harley! So glad to have you and am excited at the prospect of having yet another person to learn more quilting from. Thank you for joining us!
      *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
      http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Comment

Welcome to the site. The tuts are a great source. Im glad you're staying cool, lol. I live in Illinois and its hot hot hot. I will be so glad when fall gets here.
        Have a blessed day in HIS name!
        PAULA

Comment

Hello! Nice to meet you.

Comment

I'm also a newbie and have only made 1 finished quilt top. The ladies on this forum are great and the tutorials are life savers!

Welcome aboard and hope you enjoy your time here!

Comment

Thanks everyone. I have looked at every tutorial & think they are very well done. I have taken some foundation piecing classes & was enjoying learning about quilting when out of the blue the Singer store closed. The tutorials are better than a class, because I can always go back & look at them again & they are free.

Comment

Hi Mary Ann and welcome to the group!
                Shelia

Comment

Welcome! A lot of us here are new to quilting and this is a great place to meet more experienced quilters and learn. I remember when I was working on my first quilt I said never again...well never say never. I love it now!
                  We too are expecting hot weather but not as hot as you folks. Only 33C or 90 degrees F and we don't get the humidy. No air conditioning just a wrap around porch and a fan by my bed...eh!
                  Keep in touch!
                  sigpic
                  Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Working...
                  X