ok, here goes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, here goes!

Hi, My name is Stacy. I'm recently a stay at home mom who has taken up quilting. Never had a class. Made my first quilt by watching the 4 tutorials by Jenny on how to make a baby quilt. It wasn't perfect but looked pretty good until i washed it. The jelly roll i purchased fell apart in the middle, but every thing else was perfect. not sure what happened, but im not giving up!

Re: ok, here goes!

Welcome from New Hampshire! Maybe it was that your seam was not deep enough? That happens to me all the time and I have to check both sides while I'm ironing. Hope you keep quilting and keep coming here to visit!
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Welcome from Missouri. Glad you didn't give up. Can't imagine why it would fall apart, but like your attitude. You will love it here. Friendly, helpful, and loving group. No other place like it on the web
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

well, the fabric was cut unevenly, but i trusted it. I have just decided that from now on i will cut my own fabric instead of using pre-cut. i'm sure sure my terminology isnt perfect but i did a 1/4" seam and it just doesn't seem like it was enough. In some places there wasn't even 1/4" of fabric to sew if it was going to be straight and even! Does that make sence? IDK, but anyway Im not giving up, it was a learning experience, and gave me a great feeling of accomplishment. My husband has raved to everyone that his wife learned to quilt from "YOU TUBE".

Comment

Hi and welcome from Houston
          Angela Lashley - Studio Bella Rose

Comment

Hi Stacy and welcome to the forum. So glad you joined us....visit often so we can get to know you. This is a great forum for quilters of all ages and all degrees of ability. You will learn something new every time you visit here. Barb
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

HI and welcome! It is a great place and i am sure you will like it here!
              sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
              The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
              A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
              And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania...we are so glad to have you join the forum...you will love it...everyone is so helpful
                Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Hello and welcome from Iowa!
                  TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

Hi and welcome. You will find lots of support and advice when you need it. Happy Quilting!
                    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Heya! Welcome from Ireland!
                      =^..^= "As you sew, so shall you rip" =^..^=

.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
                      ¸.·´¯`·..·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
                      .·´¯`·.><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum from another newbie quilter in South Australia
                        Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone. . . Not your housework!!

Leoniesigpic

Comment

Hello and welcome from Missouri. Glad to have you with us and I am sure you will enjoy your time with us and meet some great people from all around the world.
                          Donna
                          MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

Welcome Stacy!!!!!
                            ~Kathy~

Comment

Hi Stacy and welcome from Kentucky! I'm a YouTube quilt student too! LOL!
                              *~* Myrna *~*
                              *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Working...
                              X