Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left-handed Quilters

Hello,
    I am a new 'left-handed' quilter, and experiencing some difficulty cutting fabric and quilting. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Jeannette

Re: Left-handed Quilters

Jenny is left handed. She's always saying that she does it backwards for us righthanded folks in the tutorials. Have you watched her cut fabric in them?

Comment

Welcome, Lefty! Yes, like Hillbilly said, our famous Jenny is also a lefty. She says it looks backwards but since I'm looking at her from in front of her, it looks correct to me! Glad you have you here Jeannette!
      *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
      http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Comment

I am also left handed and have been quilting for over 15 years. I use my rotary cutter left handed and use my rulers left handed. However, I cut right handed because we had no lefty scissors when I was growing up. It may look different to some, but to me it is completely natural.

Debi

Comment

Welcome. I write left handed but quilt/sew right handed. For the reason I guess that our scissors were for right handed and my mom is right handed. Mind you if my left handed Aunt ( excellent seamstress)who moved to New Zealand had been able to teach me well then who knows. Sorry for the ramble. It is to hot to be outside and I feel the need to chat with someone.
          sigpic
          Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Working...
          X