Hi from Ga!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Ga!!

Hello and nice to meet you. I have decided to start quilting. Im disabled and have done some blue jean quilts for my grown kids and I have crocheted for over 25yrs and find myself bored with both. I saw someone on facebook talking about quilting and started research, thus finding this site. I have watched all of the tutorials,,,,, amazing. Im excited about doing something new. I live out in the country, have a tone of scrap material and ready to take the plundge!! What better way to learn than on scraps, right ? LOL Right now I am on a limited income, so I have to do with what I have, but would love some help and advice from those that are way more experienced in quilt making. Anything you can do to help, I would be very grateful.

Thank you
    Debbie

Re: Hi from Ga!!

Hi there and welcome. There is a wide range of knowledge floating around here, glad to have you aboard!
    Have a blessed day in HIS name!
    PAULA

Comment

Hi - glad you found the site.
      Shelia

Comment

Originally posted by Debgal View Post
        Anything you can do to help, I would be very grateful.
        Hi. If you have any questions..just ask! The tutorials are great. Try some of the beginning quilt series. I am going to start a beginners quilt class via my blog so keep watching. I will take it step by step with photos. The first thing we are going to make (starting every Monday in mid August) would be a perfect scrap quilt!

~hillbilly~

Comment

Awesome!!! Please let me know when you start!!! Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!!
          Last edited by Debgal; July 23, 2010, 09:05 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Welcome! I am working on a jean quilt made from my youngest's outgrown jeans, since a lot of them are hand-me-downs from her sister Can't wait to see your quilt!
            *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
            http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Comment

I have made three so far. Just basic rectangles, but the kids love them./

Comment

Nice to meet you! I'm new also, so we can learn together.

Comment

Nice to meet all of you!! Thank you for the warm welcome!!

Comment

Working...
                  X