How to post a photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to post a photo

Hi I’ve just finished a deer panel quilt and would like to put it on show and tell but have no idea what to do . Thanks for any help.

Re: How to post a photo

I have the same problem, though I don't have a deer panel quilt.

Comment

Above your post (when you do) there is a tree. Click on that and it will prompt you to go to your files, then to upload. If it doesn't work it means your image is to large. If you don't have photo software Picmonkey is free and easy to use. I never upgraded because I use it for cropping mostly. https://www.picmonkey.com/ My camera is already set to file size. Don't ask me how to upload off a cell phone because I don't own one.

Can't wait to see what you made!
      "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Lorie, sometimes if its a camera, you can reset the picture size to email. Who knew? lol, Not me, until yesterday. I still don't know how to get to it.

My camera was apparently set to make pictures 12" x !6". Who on earth needs pictures that big!
        Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Testing... newbie here...(sorry, meant to reply to thread not individual - thank you for this thread, y'all - I'm such a dork!)

Dan Jan quilt 2018 Singer 15-30.jpg

edited to add: it worked!
          Now to figure out how to add a profile pic/avatar...

Comment

Originally posted by VintageGalAnnie View Post
            Testing... newbie here...(sorry, meant to reply to thread not individual - thank you for this thread, y'all - I'm such a dork!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]162223[/ATTACH]

edited to add: it worked!
            Now to figure out how to add a profile pic/avatar...
            Hey, it takes a village. There are lots of things I don't get, but heaven help me if I ask my sons. They'll just do it and I'll never learn!
            Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
            ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Hi I hope my English is clear enough to explain. Although there are many ways to add photos, either with the creation of a album or belonging to a group the easy way to do it is in a thread, go to "Reply to Thread" and there you will see some different signs for several things but you have to open 3rd sign starting on the right and tells "Insert Image" then some windows will open that tell you what to do. As some friends of the forum tell you, the photos have to have a size and when you upload them you will see if it leaves you or not and that is another step that depends on your photographic machine but there are tutorials that teach you how to reduce your pixels. Well I hope my explanation will help you but don´t panic, it´s not very difficult and when you try it a couple of times it will seem easy

Comment

I've been using Photo Shop to resize my pics so the Forum will accept them.

Comment

trying to find TREE. nada.
                  got this one from album.
                  Last edited by nativetexan; February 28th, 2020, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Has anyone figured out how to post a pic in Groups? We used to be able to upload photos to the Group in general vs. in our individual threads, so all the pics would appear at the top of the main page. Hope this didn't go away.
                    Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Hi nativetexan: I just love your angel !

Comment

that particular Angel isn't one i did. just found it online and hope to make one like it one day. Cute though, i agree. 👼

Comment

This is my test on posting a photo!

Ohio Star close-up.jpg

Comment

ok I will try a test photo

Comment

Working...
                              X