How to re-size photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to re-size photos

Can anyone explain how to reduce the size of photos so that they will post? It seems as though this should not require additional software.

Re: How to re-size photos

I reduce most of mine using the program paintbrush. Do you need step by step instructions?
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I'm also in need of photo re-size help!!
      Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

I just reduce the pixels before I take the picture.

Comment

I have emailed the pic to myself and there's an option in my email that lets you choose the size of the pic. I make it smaller, email and bingo! It will now load in a M* post! Hope that helped!
          💫 Star lover

Comment

Go to www.mail2resize.com very easy to follow. That's where I resize all mine
            If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Cathy F...I tried the link but it says the address could not be found.

Comment

I have a samsung phone. When I'm ready to take a picture there is an icon in the upper right corner it looks like a flower. It's for camera settings regarding your photo.

Comment

http://www.resize2mail.com/ is the correct link.
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Picmonkey is free. It says free trial, but that is for the extra features. You can crop and resize and a few other things free.

https://www.picmonkey.com/photo-editor
                    Lorie
                    🌺Kauai🌺

Comment

Picmonkey or Microsoft Paint are easy to use. I usually use Paint because it is right there on my laptop and I can keep the original and the resized photos together in a file.

Comment

There's a free program you can download to your computer called Shrink Pictures. I had a computer coach install it on mine. It automatically downsizes the pics when you send them via e-m or post on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by sew-what2015 View Post
                          Cathy F...I tried the link but it says the address could not be found.
                          Sorry I was rushed when I posted. www.resize2mail.com is the correct link. Also a free service.
                          If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

If you can download pics onto your laptop or computer, you should have some sort of photo software built in. On my laptop, when I look at my saved photos, there is an "Edit" button at the top. I click to select the photo, then click the "Edit" button, and then another menu pops up, including one selection that is marked "Resize." I click on the "Resize" button, and then a little window pops up with two options: You can select Percentage or Pixels. I always choose Pixels; you will see two boxes with numbers - mine usually say 4800 and 3600. I change the 4800 to 800 (which automatically changes the other number to 600), and hit enter and save. Later, if I am trying to upload photos to FB or the Forum, when I let the mouse hover over a given photo thumbnail, it will tell me what the size is. As long as it says 800 x 600, then that's the one I need. Hope that helps. Also, Gramma Babs explained it to me, so if this works, thank her!

Comment

I use Paint to resize.
                              1. Right click on photo to get menu and click on Paint.
                              2. Click on resize.
                              3. Change from percentage to pixels.
                              4. Whichever number (horizontal or vertical) is larger, change that number to 800. It will automatically change the other number for you.
                              Save file and you are ready to go.
                              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                              X