Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to create your very own photo album!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    How to create your very own photo album!

    A photo album is a great way to show off pictures of your projects, quilting room, quilting stash, family, etc. Here’s how you make one: *Tip - Copy and pasted these instructions in Microsoft Word or note pad so you can follow along with them as you make your album*

    1) While being logged in, click “My Profile” at the top right side of the screen.

    2) Scroll down and click “Add Album” in the Albums category on the left hand side.

    3) Now you will have to give your album a title and a description. *Note, you can have as many albums as you want, so you might consider grouping pictures in different albums (eg – one albums for the pictures of projects you want to show off, one for pictures of your family, etc).

    4) Decide whether you want to make your album Public or Private. Public albums are visible to anyone on the forum and Private albums are only visible to those to whom you give permission to view. You may have a mix of public and private if you wish.

    5) Click “Save Changes”.

    6) Now you may add pictures to your album by clicking “Upload Photos” on the right.

    7) A window will pop up and you will see a rectangular button with “Add Files” and a green icon next to it. Click this and you can select any photos from your hardrive by clicking the “browse button”.

    8) Once you have selected the picture you want click “Upload” and the picture will appear in your album.

    9) Repeat steps 7 and 8 to upload more pictures!

    10) When you are done uploading photos, close the uploading window by clicking the “X” on the top right.

    11) Now you will see the pictures you have uploaded and can add captions in the boxes to the left of them. After you have finished adding captions (or have left the boxes blank if you don’t want to write anything), click “Save Changes” and, voila, you have you first photo album!

    #2
    Re: How to create your very own photo album!

    Okay I think I have made my album but how do I find Others albums?
    Quilterdar

    Comment


      #3
      Re: How to create your very own photo album!

      I have followed the instructions but after I click add files nothing happens.
      Last edited by Darlene; March 15th, 2010, 01:54 PM.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: How to create your very own photo album!

        Inspired by this week's Weekly Give-Away question, I've created my first album. I'd prefer that the photos appear in a different order (for example, a detail photo right next to the photo of the full quilt). Is there a way to do this?

        Thanks!
        Toni
        Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

        Comment


          #5
          Re: How to create your very own photo album!

          I have uploaded photos before, but I am having difficulty uploading today. Following the same steps but receiving an error that the upload failed. What should I try. Thanks
          Teri

          Comment


            #6
            Re: How to create your very own photo album!

            Thank you SO MUCH for this post, which I discovered yesterday. I've wanted to post pics of my quilts, but couldn't figure out how to do. I finally GOT IT using your step-by-step description. I printed off your post, then typed it up into a document that is easier for me to follow. I was able to post 4 albums last night. Yeah! I'm on my way now! JCY

            Comment


              #7
              Re: How to create your very own photo album!

              Originally posted by Quilterdar View Post
              Okay I think I have made my album but how do I find Others albums?
              You click on their profile, scroll down, and on the left, if they have albums, you will see them there.
              pat.

              No rain....no rainbows!


              sigpic

              If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

              Comment


                #8
                Re: How to create your very own photo album!

                Great! Thank you. How can I bookmark/save this post?
                Preeti
                http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: How to create your very own photo album!

                  When I click the x to close it nothing happens. I am using Google Chrome.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: How to create your very own photo album!

                    Originally posted by GuitarGramma View Post
                    Inspired by this week's Weekly Give-Away question, I've created my first album. I'd prefer that the photos appear in a different order (for example, a detail photo right next to the photo of the full quilt). Is there a way to do this?

                    Thanks!
                    Toni
                    Toni, I realize your post is a year old, but did you ever find out how to rearrange the order of pics in your photo album. I'm looking for the same info.
                    NC sayin's from my mama n' daddy, a reminder, lest I forget:

                    ~I’m gonna tan your hide. (You’re about to get a whoopin’.)
                    ~set yourself down a spell ~~every day of the week n' twice on Sundays
                    ~knock you clean into next week n' then some ~~deader than a door nail
                    ~can't get blood from a turnip ~~your neck o'the woods
                    ~You're just playing possum (pretendin' to be asleep when you didn't want to get up n' go to school)
                    "B"

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: How to create your very own photo album!

                      I too need to know how to rearrange photos in my album and also my captions aren't showing. Did I miss a step?
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: How to create your very own photo album!

                        Originally posted by Suds View Post
                        A photo album is a great way to show off pictures of your projects, quilting room, quilting stash, family, etc. Here’s how you make one: *Tip - Copy and pasted these instructions in Microsoft Word or note pad so you can follow along with them as you make your album*

                        1) While being logged in, click “My Profile” at the top right side of the screen.

                        2) Scroll down and click “Add Album” in the Albums category on the left hand side.

                        3) Now you will have to give your album a title and a description. *Note, you can have as many albums as you want, so you might consider grouping pictures in different albums (eg – one albums for the pictures of projects you want to show off, one for pictures of your family, etc).

                        4) Decide whether you want to make your album Public or Private. Public albums are visible to anyone on the forum and Private albums are only visible to those to whom you give permission to view. You may have a mix of public and private if you wish.

                        5) Click “Save Changes”.

                        6) Now you may add pictures to your album by clicking “Upload Photos” on the right.

                        7) A window will pop up and you will see a rectangular button with “Add Files” and a green icon next to it. Click this and you can select any photos from your hardrive by clicking the “browse button”.

                        8) Once you have selected the picture you want click “Upload” and the picture will appear in your album.

                        9) Repeat steps 7 and 8 to upload more pictures!

                        10) When you are done uploading photos, close the uploading window by clicking the “X” on the top right.

                        11) Now you will see the pictures you have uploaded and can add captions in the boxes to the left of them. After you have finished adding captions (or have left the boxes blank if you don’t want to write anything), click “Save Changes” and, voila, you have you first photo album!
                        Why don’t I see “add photos “ on the right????
                        Please advise
                        Thanks
                        Life is full of loose threads - deal with it. :)

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X