New to this site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to this site.

Hello quilters, I am new to this site and I love it all ready. My name is Glenda and I am from Indiana. I have been quilting for four years. I have sewed as long as I can remember. Started on the old treadle machine making my clothes and also projects for 4-H. My Mother quilted, but I wasn't interested then. Something I am sorry for as she is no longer around to give me advice. I know I will learn much on this site.

Happy Quilting,
    Glenda

Re: New to this site.

Hello Glenda, Welcome I am alos new here and I am enjoying the posts so much and have learned some already. My grandpa had a treadle machine and I used to sew on it some when we visited him every summer. I was a young kid then but I still remember that machine and working to pump the treadle. Boy did it seem like work then but, now I remember it fondly and it even seems to have been fun. LOL
    Mary
    A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Glenda. I learned on a treadle machine also. My dear granny would work the treadle while I fed the fabric through because I was too little to treadle and manage the fabric at the same time. My memories of learn to sew are so precious. You will absolutely love the forum and the wonderful quilters on this site. My MIL lives in Merrillville, IN (near Hobart). Do you live nearby? Visit often....Barb
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hello Glenda from NC! Glad that you found us here. Looking forward to having you back really really soon.
        Many blessings
        Blondie
        Sewing mends the soul.
        sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
        Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
        ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Welcome from Connecticut! Remember that your Mom inspired you and that shows in the clothes that you made. So glad you joined.
          Susan

Comment

Welcome from Canada.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Glad to hear that growing up u weren't interested either-I still have pics of mom and me dresses my mom made and my kids got halloween costumes from the same patterns as mine- My daddy found a lady across the street to 'teach' me to sew-the dress was awful, didn't fit, had to wear it, so embarrased. Now I keep more than one machine threaded and my nephew comments if I don't sew in a days time

Comment

Hi Glenda, I'm new here too, from really close to you. Down in Jasper.

Comment

A great big Howdy and sit yourself down welcome to you, Glenda. You sound just like so many of us.

I'm laughing with Lisa above - since I think in the back of my memory I may have had a couple of dresses just like her's. Must have been the pattern.
                  Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                  it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Working...
                  X