QUILT MAGAZINES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUILT MAGAZINES

Just wondering what you all subscribe to in the way of quilt magazines and why. I seem to lean toward McCall's (because I'm always inspired by their beautiful quilts) and Quilter's World for the variety of patterns. Luv to hear from you....Barb
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Re: QUILT MAGAZINES

Hi, Barb. I subscribe to Fon's and Porter's and McCalls. I just subscribed to another one, but for the life of me, can't think of it. I like the patterns when they identify the level of difficulty. Still being a newbie that is helpful to me. I wish, though, I could subscribe to all of them. I love finding old issues at yard sales, etc. Like finding gold!

Comment

Originally posted by meemeecyn View Post
      Hi, Barb. I subscribe to Fon's and Porter's and McCalls. I just subscribed to another one, but for the life of me, can't think of it. I like the patterns when they identify the level of difficulty. Still being a newbie that is helpful to me. I wish, though, I could subscribe to all of them. I love finding old issues at yard sales, etc. Like finding gold!
      Heyy Gurlz!
      Meemee--Really! Fon's & Porter's have a magazine? Kool!

I don't subscribe to any....yet(thanxxxx Meemeeeeee)

but I did pic one up the other day called "Two From One Jelly Roll Quilts" by Pam & Nicky Lintott...
      I figured why not kill two birds with one Stone.
      Well gots to gooo and do SWAP Homework...
      Tu-Ru-Loo
      :icon_popcorn:~When life throws you scraps make a quilt.~

Comment

I suscribe to Fons and Porter and Quiltmaker. Occasionally I will buy a copy of either the Easy Quilts or McCalls.
        Susan

Comment

McCalls Quick quilts. I just picked up a copy of simple quilts and Quilts and more and really like them because they have other things to make in them as well.
          Patrice

Comment

I'm subscribed to Australian Patchwork & Quilting. My neighbour brought over a box of old quilting magazines and it was great fun going through them and tagging the pages for 'more projects on the list' LOL.
            Wendy
            A creative mess is better than tidy idleness
            https://facebook.com/WendyJQuilts

Comment

I did Quilter's World last year and this year I am doing Fons and Porter and American Patchwork and quilting. Is there such a thing as pattern overload? I will never get all of these made up. My mom gave me tons of old magazines and quilting books. I need to live to be about 300 or so to use it all! Love to look and dream, but for now, sewing is so slowly accomplished.

Comment

I just got my first subscription magazine, one from Fons and Porter and I can't wait to have a chance to pour over it. I got a bunch of ancient magazines as a freebie at my guild so I tore out the ones I really liked and put them in plastic sleeves in a notebook. Every time I see a pattern I love I think "that is what I will use for that fabric in my newly growning stash". So far I have three patterns chosen for each group of fabrics. Maybe I will get a few of them made.)

Comment

Wow! Can you believe it, I have never subscribed to a quilting magazine, and I don't really know why. I'm sure they are just full of useful advice and great patterns. I think this might be a nice addition to a Christmas wish list. My kids and DH are always looking for new gift ideas for me.
                  When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Working...
                  X