Can't upload Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't upload Pictures

HELP!! I have been trying for 2 days now to load some pictures of a few finished projects and I can not get it to work. I get an error 2038. It sort of looks like the file is loading, but then I can not drag it to the other part of the screen. And I get an "!" to the right of the file if you put your mouse on the "!" it tells you a bunch of computer stuff and at the end it says Error 2038. Not sure if the file is too big (1.2 mb).

If anyone can tell me the max size a picture can be, that would also be great. I read somewhere that it had to be 800x800?? What is that in MB's?

Also I have read some post and people are talking about photobucket?? What is it and how does that work? Can I load my pictures there and then move them to this site? Can anyone view or copy your pictures on photobucket?

Any help would be great!
    Thanks
    JVO

Re: Can't upload Pictures

I use Picasa to move/send mine to a new folder. It will resize them to do it. I then upload from that folder. I'm sure there's an easier way but this is how i can get it to work.
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

What size do you resize them to? That might be my problem, but I do not know what the max size is that I can up load to this site.
      JVO

Comment

Most computers have some sore of picture management software. I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager which has a "resize" option. I can't find that tool in Windows Photo Gallery which comes with the computer. But you can open the picture with Paint, which all PC's have, and then go to the Image drop down menu and select Resize/Skew... and it lets you change the percent of the size of the picture. I found changing to 60% for horizontal and vertical makes a photo that is web friendly. But you'll have to experiment with that because it really depends on how big the file is to begin with. Don't forget to us the "save as" feature to save the new smaller pic under a new name so it doesn't overwrite your original larger picture. Good Luck ! Let's see those pics.
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

I am using an IMac so I wonder if that is a problem?? Can you tell me how many MB the max file size should be??? The file I was trying to upload was 1.2 MB. That might be to big, I do not know!!!
          JVO

Comment

I got it figured out at last. I think my file size was just too big. So I have pictures posted on the Sow and Tell forum.

Thanks for you help
            JVO

Comment

Originally posted by Loonwatcher View Post
              Most computers have some sore of picture management software. I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager which has a "resize" option. I can't find that tool in Windows Photo Gallery which comes with the computer. But you can open the picture with Paint, which all PC's have, and then go to the Image drop down menu and select Resize/Skew... and it lets you change the percent of the size of the picture. I found changing to 60% for horizontal and vertical makes a photo that is web friendly. But you'll have to experiment with that because it really depends on how big the file is to begin with. Don't forget to us the "save as" feature to save the new smaller pic under a new name so it doesn't overwrite your original larger picture. Good Luck ! Let's see those pics.
              I use the paint program too and resize all my picture to 50% either way and that works. They are not too big anymore. Always save your changed picture and there you are
              sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Working...
              X