Moderation: how long does it last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moderation: how long does it last?

Have attempted to be a good little forum member and searched for an answer but didn't find anything. I understand a new person needs to be moderated to assure s/he is not a spammer in quilter's clothing but I have two questions:

1. How long does the on moderation status last?

2. How long should it take for a post to be approved in the forums other than the two specifically set up for new posters?

Dorothy in Denver
    Dorothy in Denver
    Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering.
    There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
    -Leonard Cohen

Re: Moderation: how long does it last?

My posts have always been posted immediately, but then I am an angel!! I have never noticed a delay of any kind.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

About 18 hours ago I posted an answer to a thread in the General Discussion forum. I received a popup stating the post would be reviewed by a mod before being live. No problem there as I said previously. Just curious as it has not appeared yet. Not complaining.

Dorothy in Denver
      Dorothy in Denver
      -Leonard Cohen

Comment

Originally posted by MamaKitty View Post
        About 18 hours ago I posted an answer to a thread in the General Discussion forum. I received a popup stating the post would be reviewed by a mod before being live. No problem there as I said previously. Just curious as it has not appeared yet. Not complaining.

Dorothy in Denver
        Dorothy, did your post have a link in it? That is usually the reason for a newbie post to need moderator approval. Usually the mods are pretty fast, but we have had one out for awhile. I am sure they will see this thread and pop in and get your post approved. We have also had lots of newbies join lately - which is a great thing! Welcome to the forum!
        Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Nope, Lisa, no link. I'll be patient. Thanks for the welcome.

Dorothy in Denver
          Dorothy in Denver
          -Leonard Cohen

Comment

Nope, Lisa, no link. I'll be patient. Thanks for the welcome.

Dorothy in Denver
            1. Your post did contain a link. That is why it was flagged to be approved.
            2. You commented on a post on the second page of General Discussion. Not a place we normally go looking for new posts. Most people comment on more recent threads.

That said, the mods get no notice of threads needing approval, we do sleep (which is probably where I was 18 hours ago) and like I mentioned, if it's not on the first page of the section, it is a greater risk of not being seen. I think once you've made maybe 20 posts you won't be flagged for links, but as a new user that is exactly why your post was flagged by the system.

If you have one that needs approval that we miss you can always send me or Jean Sewing Machine a PM and it may get approved a bit faster if we are around.
            Last edited by K. McEuen; February 22, 2014, 01:31 PM.
            K is for Karen 😊​..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

Sorry we were slow on the pick up. You're clear now!

Will you start a new thread and not put the word moderation in it, so we can be sure you are good to go? Thanks!

Comment

Karen, I apologise. I had forgotten about the link to ISMACS. Also, about posting to a thread on page two. The topic was something I have experience with and was happy to find something to which I could contribute . And, yes, I know mods are humans and need to sleep LOL

Jean, I was able to start a new thread as you requested. All is good.

Dorothy in Denver (off to lurk quietly now )
                Dorothy in Denver
                -Leonard Cohen

Comment

I must be angelic, too, because there had never been any delay in posting my posts... Even the first ones....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Karen, I apologise. I had forgotten about the link to ISMACS. Also, about posting to a thread on page two. The topic was something I have experience with and was happy to find something to which I could contribute . And, yes, I know mods are humans and need to sleep LOL

Jean, I was able to start a new thread as you requested. All is good.

Dorothy in Denver (off to lurk quietly now )
                    I saw that! All is good!

About a year ago we started to get robospam emails, at a rate of about 15-20 per hour at times. They were garbage texts surrounding links to try to sell knock off designer sunglasses, running shoes, purses. Our webmaster couldn't delete them all himself, so he asked a few of us to help. He tagged the posts for moderation because they were from new members that contained a link, and most likely trying to sell something. Tagging was used so we could weed them out easier. That filter still remains, although the spams are now few and far between. Your post fell into the moderated category for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                      I saw that! All is good!

About a year ago we started to get robospam emails, at a rate of about 15-20 per hour at times. They were garbage texts surrounding links to try to sell knock off designer sunglasses, running shoes, purses. Our webmaster couldn't delete them all himself, so he asked a few of us to help. He tagged the posts for moderation because they were from new members that contained a link, and most likely trying to sell something. Tagging was used so we could weed them out easier. That filter still remains, although the spams are now few and far between. Your post fell into the moderated category for that reason.

WOW!, Nice to know you are all looking out for us in the background!!
                      Just One More Yard - Blog
                      Just One More Yard - Craftsy

A clean house is the sign of a broken sewing machine!

Comment

Geez, I learned something today....
                        Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                        http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Should I remove the links under my signature to my blog and pictures? Maybe 'de-hyper' them? I'm new as of today and still finding my way around. Well...I actually registered a long time ago, but never actually participated in the forum until now......
                          Sue in Belton TX :icon_hi:
                          New Blog: http://txsuehstitching.blogspot.com/
                          OLD: http://stitchingwithsue.blogspot.com
                          New Project Photos: http://tinyurl.com/k9wxarz
                          OLD: http://picasaweb.google.com/txsueh

Comment

Originally posted by txsueh View Post
                            Should I remove the links under my signature to my blog and pictures? Maybe 'de-hyper' them? I'm new as of today and still finding my way around. Well...I actually registered a long time ago, but never actually participated in the forum until now......
                            No, those won't trigger a moderation. But if you posted a link to another site in your first couple of posts, that might raise suspicion.
                            I think you will be OK. Right now we're getting moderated posts from people trying to sell bridal gowns. If you see one of those, please don't click on the link to explore. One of the rules of this forum is that advertising or selling is not allowed.

Comment

Very helpful post. Nice to know that we are looked after so well. Thanks.
                              What I make with my hands I give with my heart.

Comment

Working...
                              X