Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I insert smilies into my postings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I insert smilies into my postings?

Apparently everyone but me knows how to do this... Some of them are animated, even. Help, please?
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Re: How do I insert smilies into my postings?

Deb, When you want to use smiley faces, at the bottom of the respone box you see SUBMIT QUICK REPLY and there is another button next to it that says GO ADVANCED. Click on the GO ADVANCED button and that is where you will type your response and choose from the oh so many smiley faces!
    have fun with them!
    LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Have fun, Deb!!
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Deb----You were not the only one that didn't know this! I might be adding smiles soon, too!

Comment

Happy faces!

Comment

Hello Deb, I discovered, quite by accident, that if I double-clicked on the blue Reply to Thread button, up came the smilies. Otherwise I would have been asking too
            Mary B.

Comment

Nope, I'm too thickskulled, I don't see 'em... Thanks for trying to help, all!
              There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Deb - right below your message there is a blue button. Below that an orange line on the Quick Reply box. Go down below that and to the right there are two buttons - one says Post Quick Reply and the other says Go Advanced. Before you type your message click on the Go Advanced button. A new reply box comes up and this has the smiley faces/buttons on the right hand side. That doesn't mean that you are thick-skulled though . . . Just that you didn't venture far enough into the land of the unknown.

Happy Easter!!!
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Next to the button that says Post Quick Reply is another button that says Go Advanced. Push that one and the smilies will come up on the right of the posting box. Then just click on the one you like they are all dark blue. Hope this helps.

Comment

Did that - I really think there's some setting set wrong somewhere. There's a lot of empty space on the right where something like smilies might well belong... but they're not there.

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                    Deb - right below your message there is a blue button. Below that an orange line on the Quick Reply box. Go down below that and to the right there are two buttons - one says Post Quick Reply and the other says Go Advanced. Before you type your message click on the Go Advanced button. A new reply box comes up and this has the smiley faces/buttons on the right hand side. That doesn't mean that you are thick-skulled though . . . Just that you didn't venture far enough into the land of the unknown.

Happy Easter!!!

Comment

They don't show up when I do it either. Only the ones you can post by the title! I'm right with ya Deb!
                      Patti
                      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Maybe Bill Nye will see this and give us his expertise!

Comment

Didn't I see an 'Enable Smilies" (or something like that) button somewhere? Maybe that is not turned on. Drat, I can't find it again now, but I'm sure someone else will know where it is.

Mary B.

Comment

Originally posted by patticakes View Post
                            They don't show up when I do it either. Only the ones you can post by the title! I'm right with ya Deb!
                            Patticakes, Sandy helped me find the setting and fix it. Here are the instructions she sent me, hope they help you too!

Try this: At the top right of the page is a button Settings. Click. Now on the left hand side scroll down to My Account and click General Settings. Scroll down there to Miscellaneous Options. Click:
                            Message Editor Interface:

* Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
                            * Basic Editor - A simple text box
                            * Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

Make sure Standard Editor is checked. Now go back to the Home page and click Refresh or Reload on your internet Browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox

Comment

Thanks Deb and Sandy! It worked as you can see!
                              Patti
                              "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Working...
                              X