Question about editing a post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about editing a post.

Why do I loose the ability to edit a post?

Is there a time limit?

Sometimes I see an error in a post I made and want to correct it but can't because the edit button disappeared. Does it disappear if another post is made by someone else after it? I know how to edit, done it before, just confused about why the edit button disappears.
    Vonnie

Re: Question about editing a post.

Yes, it can only be edited for a time. Not sure what that is exactly, but that is it.

Comment

Thanks, it's still showing the edit button on the first post. I will keep track and see when it disappears.
      Vonnie

Comment

There is a time limit...not sure how long it is.
        TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

Okay, it's 6:58 pm and my editing buttons are gone on both my original post and the second one.
          Vonnie

Comment

I think it hangs around 30 minutes.
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Does anyone know if there is a reason the forum is configured to turn off editing after a certain time? Can we petition to have it changed so we can edit our posts? I imagine this is just a configuration setting with whatever the forum provider is (vBulletin?)

I am bad to post something then get questions and I'll answer the question but because most people won't read every single response (especially once it has gone to multiple pages) the same question gets asked again and again. I feel bad ignoring later requests for information but I also feel bad continuing to "bump" the thread to repeatedly give out information. I guess maybe I should do better about adding links to patterns/tutorials or materials which is usually what the questions are about.

If this is my biggest complain about the forum I suppose that means the administrators and moderators are doing a really good job.
              Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

I am going to take a guess about why you have temporary editing capabilities and make the statement that I don't want that to change.
                Someone makes a post and maybe it's not the nicest post, then after a time and various responses to it, they go back and edit it to make it a completely innocent post. It causes all kinds of problems. I've seen it done here even with the limited time period. In a perfect world you could edit as long as you want. This isn't a perfect world, unfortunately.

BTW, if it is something really important that you want edited in later you can let me know because I can edit it for you. Like if you want to add a link or something, or you just really can't stand that typo you made in the title of the post.
                Last edited by K. McEuen; January 28, 2014, 10:42 AM.
                K is for Karen 😊​..................
                Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                T - is it TRUE?
                H - is it HELPFUL?
                I - is it INSPIRING?
                N - is it NECESSARY?
                K - is it KIND?

Comment

I believe the limit is 30 minutes.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment