X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redwat
    replied
    Re: Uploading pictures

I have been trying to figure out how to post pics. The above explanation is in" computer talk"
    So, I have pics on facebook and saved on my desktop. How do I get them here?? Please talk slowly I am computer impaired..lol. I have reread the above instruction but nothing is clicking, can anyone help me or am I hopeless.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Originally posted by Elaine View Post
    Sneaking a peak at the forum while I'm at work. Oops!
    That is allowed!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Elaine
    replied

Thanks everyone for all the advice. I will definitely try that when I get home tonight. Sneaking a peak at the forum while I'm at work. Oops!

Leave a comment:

• bakermom
    replied

I struggled with this too. What I ended up doing was to open my pictures in Picasa, Export them to a folder(when you export you have the option to resize) THEN I could get my pictures to upload from that file. I'm sure there's an easier way but his is what worked for me.

Leave a comment:

• sewsoft
    replied

You do have to compress the picture before it will upload it. I found that out the hard way after trying for awhile

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Originally posted by Elaine View Post
    I have been reading that there are problems uploading pictures. I have been trying but unable to. Has anyone uploaded pictures lately? Please let me know the way. I just finished a quilt I have been making for my grand daughter and I wanted to put it in show and tell. Thanks, Elaine.
    Elaine - the BIGGEST problem I have had with uploading pictures has been OPERATOR ERROR. In other words, I created my own problems. I have gotten so frustrated trying to upload pictures - only to then realize that my camera pictures are WAY TOO LARGE for what is allowed on this forum. I have started automatically resizing my pictures before I even attempt to upload them.

Off the top of my head, I THINK the largest size allowed is about 800x800 pixels. So, if your camera saves your pictures (as mine does) over 3000x3000 pixels, you will not be able to upload pictures on this forum

So, go in and check your photo size and use a graphics program to resize them to less than 800x800 pixels.

Then, it's a breeze - just follow the guidelines on the forum.

Leave a comment:

• Elaine
    started a topic Uploading pictures

Uploading pictures

I have been reading that there are problems uploading pictures. I have been trying but unable to. Has anyone uploaded pictures lately? Please let me know the way. I just finished a quilt I have been making for my grand daughter and I wanted to put it in show and tell. Thanks, Elaine.
Working...
X