Another question about "comment" option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another question about "comment" option

When I see a reply to a post, and I want to reply to the person who responded, I do not get the option to "comment" like I used to. There is only the "quote" option. This means that if I reply I have to go to the bottom of the thread and enter a new post. Am I doing something wrong?

I think that the quote option applies to only the original (first) post, and once people make posts below that you can click on the comment tab and type a response. I think this changed after the upgrade awhile back. I don't use the quote feature. If I am first to make a comment I just put it in like a post bc I think people can easiky fig out I am referring to the original post.

Comment

• Quilting for therapy
      Quilting for therapy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, J. I see I can comment here to your reply, but before I didn't notice the option. But you're right - it's easy enough to figure it out.

There is one area where you can't comment in the main post. I think it was the Show and Tell section. I don't have time to check but I believe that's the one.
    Maria
    From Sunny Alberta, Canada

Comment

• Rhonda K
      Rhonda K commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, there are some sections that don’t have the comment option available.
      The comment button doesn’t show on the original post either. You just need to reply to the post. Other posters can then comment on the reply. It can be confusing sometimes. LOL!

I have noticed that sometimes there is a comment and sometimes just a quote. At first I thought it was the quote only if it was on the original poster, then I noticed it other places. Thanks for telling me that its the show and tell as well.
    success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
    Terry of NC

Comment

Working...
    X