New here and have a few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here and have a few questions

One quilt site I am on is going away, so many on that site are wanting to find a new home. When I have looked at this site in the past I was not sure if I was missing something. So, the first question I have is, are the conversations saved forever or dumped? Second, is it possible to create a space for new things, people etc, can you / me do this? That is all that is coming to my mind right now, thank you for you input.

Welcome from Colorado. I have no idea how long posts are saved. I know it's possible to go back & find items from several years ago if one uses the search box. When sending/receiving messages (private msg. on your profile page), it's possible that your inbox can fill up & you'll need to delete older messages to allow room for more.

We welcome new members for the Forum all the time. Glad you joined us. We're a friendly bunch. You can read up on the FAQ for more info. about using the Forum. As you can see, there is a wide variety of sub-topics one can post about. Just click on the category on which you want to post a question, comment, etc. General Chit Chat can be about anything that may or may not be related to quilting. You can post pics of your sewing projects in Show & Tell. You can create pic albums under "media" on your profile page.

Hope you can navigate your way around on the Forum. Don't hesitate to ask questions. There are a lot of helpful folks here, with a wide range of experience. Some are newbies; others have been here for many years. There is no buying or selling or advertising on the Forum. We try to avoid hot button/controversial topics like politics.

Comment

Welcome to the forum from sunny Florida.
      Katrina
      From NC, retired in FL
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I think posts are there forever. I've gone back as far as 2010 post in searches.
        success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
        Terry of NC

Comment

Welcome to forum from So. California.

Comment

Can we form new areas? Like Secret Santa , swaps? I have not investigated the site much. Thank you all .

Comment

• Dove
              Dove commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello, dear friend! Nice to see you here! Hope you will stay with us on this forum. ~ Carol

you will find those under groups. Just explore the site and you will find lots of interesting groups. Probably some you never thought of
            success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
            Terry of NC

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Working...
              X