I miss our signatures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss our signatures!

I really miss the signatures that used to automatically appear at the bottom of each eMail we'd write. There are a lot of folks whose names I know solely because of the old signature lines. Those of us who've posted here for many years have learned people's names: Hulamoom is Lorie, JCY is Joy, KPH is Katrina, Bubba is Pat, and who could forget Handsome Ryan? (OK, Ryan didn't need a signature, and please forgive me for the short list here; I left a whole lot of wonderful people out.) But without those signatures, new folks on the forum don't know our names and, to a large extent, probably feel left out when some of us address each other by our real-life names.

Is there a chance that those old signature lines might return?

If not, I guess from here on out I'll really try to remember to sign my name when I post. I feel silly that I keep forgetting to do so, but I guess I got spoiled by the old automatic signatures.

~Toni
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

I'm Rachel...

Comment

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Rachel.

Originally posted by GuitarGramma View Post
    I really miss the signatures that used to automatically appear at the bottom of each eMail we'd write. There are a lot of folks whose names I know solely because of the old signature lines. Those of us who've posted here for many years have learned people's names: Hulamoom is Lorie, JCY is Joy, KPH is Katrina, Bubba is Pat, and who could forget Handsome Ryan? (OK, Ryan didn't need a signature, and please forgive me for the short list here; I left a whole lot of wonderful people out.) But without those signatures, new folks on the forum don't know our names and, to a large extent, probably feel left out when some of us address each other by our real-life names.

Is there a chance that those old signature lines might return?

If not, I guess from here on out I'll really try to remember to sign my name when I post. I feel silly that I keep forgetting to do so, but I guess I got spoiled by the old automatic signatures.

~Toni
    But your signature is there in purple and pink? We can't put images like I had my rooster. Am I missing something?
    ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

Comment

• MAMSAN
      MAMSAN commented
      Editing a comment
      Hulamoon.your avatar is a real cutie.

Signatures are still there ...
    K is for Karen ๐Ÿ˜Šโ€‹..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

If the signature is at the bottom of the post then I don't see it.

Comment

Capture.JPG
        Click on your Username at the top right of the forum screen. Select User Settings, then Account. Scroll down to Conversation Detail Options and make sure the "Show Signatures" box is checked.
        *~* Myrna *~*
        *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• vchale
          vchale commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the info. Guess it got turned off. Donโ€™t forget to save changes

Fixed mine! But is isn't showing. Must be doing something wrong.
        Carlie

Comment

Carlie, I see "Carlie" in Red in the signature area of your post.
          *~* Myrna *~*
          *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Wow, I had no idea we had control over this. I'm going to go turn on those signatures right now!

Comment

Okay....I "Think" I fixed this.....let's see if I did.
              Every SINGLE time I go into settings to change something I get a message that says something wrong and it's been reported ?? This happened this time as well.
              What does that mean?
              Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
              http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I just went BACK into my account. Followed the instructions. This is the message I get EVERY time I go into my account settngs:
                What's strange is that "IF" the site staff has been notified.....are they ALWAYS asleep at the switch? I've never received any info saying it's been corrected??

There has been a database error, and the current page cannot be displayed. Site staff have been notified.

Again, I followed the instructions that someone posted here to put the "signature" back.....nothing NOTHING happens.???????????
                Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

• MRoy
                  MRoy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your signature is displayed on your posts. Your name and the link to your blog are displayed in blue and the quote is red:

• redcaboose1717
                  redcaboose1717 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  MRoy....thanks, but I still have never seen my signature or the blog link since this new website was changed, but thanks anyway. Apparently everyone else can see it but me, apparently? How "ODD" is that? LOL!

I don't see any signatures. Do I have to do something in order to see them?

Comment

When I tried to put a quote it says you can only put three lines, so I dropped my name. Karen how do you have so much?
                  Last edited by Hulamoon; May 30, 2020, 08:51 PM.
                  ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

Comment

• GuitarGramma
                    GuitarGramma commented
                    Editing a comment
                    While we're talking about signatures, I have to tell you, Lorie, that I love this quote from the Dalai Lama. It really does capture what is wrong with the world today!

• K. McEuen
                    K. McEuen commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just saw this. I haven't made a change in my signature in forever so it may have been been grandfathered in. Swedish leo has a really long one as well

A very belated thank you, MRoy, for letting us know how to turn on signatures. I am now able to see everyone's, including my own. It's brought back the hominess of the forum for me!

Comment

I get the same error you can't have more than 3 lines, the question was asked to Karen how she was able to have more, but no one replied. Will someone please explain how to put more than 3 lines on the signatures! Have a great day ladies, Kathryn
                    Kathryn
                    There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

Working...
                    X