Forum navigation-help me find missing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum navigation-help me find missing thread

I was just sitting here catching up on all the news of the day. I was viewing a thread I think posted by Suzanneorleans under tge WIP heading. I clicked on a bear photo I think from mom of monsters, then went back to see what everybody else was working on, and I can't find the original post anywhere! I checked New Topics, and Forums/ General and Quilting. I did a search for WIP and got an error message "too broad" then searched for WIP May 20 (just guessing at the date) and no matches. Does anyone else have problems with vanishing posts?

II wrote in bear๐Ÿป
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/fo...may-15-21-2020
    "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"โ€• Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

• jjkaiser
      jjkaiser commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! But my first thought was get real. I mean the bear photo was buried halfway into the post and there was no word Bear in the title. I am glad to have found it but how you did makes no logical sense.

This brings up what I consider the most irritating part of the new forum platform: It assumes that if we've seen a thread once, we don't want to see it again. I often find it difficult to find a thread that I'd previously read, especially if I wrote the final post.

The only way I'm able to find things is very much like Hulamoon/Lorie's approach: remember a unique word that appeared in the thread and search on that word. I'm not always successful.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• bubba
      bubba commented
      Editing a comment
      I wholeheartedly agree!

• Sharyn J
      Sharyn J commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. It's frustrating.

What Toni said. You said there was a photo of a bear. Someone must of said 'cute bear!'. ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜„
    "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"โ€• Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

This feature really does bug me. Sometimes I'm just not ready to post or don't have time to comment but I have time to browze for a minute. Then, I can never go find or look again. Sometimes I just want to read it to DH later in the day. Surely it can be left up for the time we are logged in somehow.
      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
      Terry

Comment

It's frustrating alright. I was looking at something the other day, commented and thought of something I wanted to add and it took forever to find it using search to pull it back up.

It would be nice if after you comment and go back to new topics, the post would be there in the new topic list.
        Katrina

โ€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.โ€
        โ€• Maya Angelou

Comment

I still find that frustrating too. There are lots of times I like to go back to a thread and read the newer post that members have added throughout the day. Wish they could fix this issue.
          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• Claire Hallman
            Claire Hallman commented
            Editing a comment
            If there are more comments the thread should be included in the new topics once again.

I guess I just read the forum the wrong way. I just go to each individual forum. Like Quilting questions, General, squeaky wheel. I then open new comments on each individual post. The ones I haven't read new comments on are usually highlighted. I don't know, but it works for me.

Comment

Remember this, up on the left side? New Posts. I took this screen for a different reason. But that's what is causing all this. Give it back!๐Ÿ˜ 

forum3.jpg

Comment

Working...
            X