Still can't post pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still can't post pictures

I'm still not able to upload pictures, but I see that someone was successful in uploading from Photobucket today. Any idea when uploading from PCs will work again?
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Re: Still can't post pictures

I cannot upload photo either but have in the past, what's going on ???

Comment

Hi everyone, I just tried and couldn't upload from the PC either. I've emailed YSGLCG so hopefully he'll get it sorted out soon.

You can still post pictures that are on the web elsewhere so if you upload them to photobucket, flickr, picasa etc You should be able to post them.
      Quilting through the dull times
      northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

me too. i was wondering if i had too big of pictures. so i tried to delete some of my photos... no luck... come on i want to upo load pick of my new and improved sewing area....
        all the best
        Gina

Comment

It appears that the File Upload Manager which you must use to add pictures to an album or profile pic is where the glitch is being seen. For some reason the manager program is no longer recognizing any standard image format and keeps sending an "invalid image file" error message.

Fortunately the ability to add a picture to a POST message is still possible as others have stated if you use the HTML language with the [IMG]URL[/IMG] from a third party photo website like Photobucket, Flicker, etc.

For adding a photo to a post I don't use the File Upload Manager program at all, but just copy/paste the proper HTML code from my photobucket site directly into the text of my posts. The image will be embedded into the post for all to see but still cannot be put into an album which requires use of the File Upload Manager program.

I know AL is aware of the problem since several of us have emailed him within the last week. I suspect the problem may be more complicated than first thought but am sure they will get it figured out soon!
          Linda
          -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

Wow! Glad to know it isn't me! I was having trouble also but thought it was something I had done. HOpe they have it fixed soon. Everyone have a good evening!!
            Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Sorry everyone, it was a bit of a mystery but I got it figured out. Thanks for everyone keeping my afloat on the troubles we are having though, it helps me a ton to know what's needing to be fixed, so THANK YOU!!

Try it again, we should be rocking now!

100_4231.jpg

Dave n Elisabeths honeymoon - Kona Side - Mauna Kea - North Star -edit.jpg

Comment

Hey Al! Thanks for working so hard on this....but I hate to tell you it is still not working for me. I have tried uploading files from my computer and from my photobucket site using the File Upload Manager after reading your post but still no success. The error messages have changed though. I no longer get the "invalid image file" message. When trying to upload a small jpg from my computer or from photobucket the File Upload Manager acts like it is importing the file (the little circle in upper right corner is spinning) but then everything just stops....no messages....no pictures uploaded....no clue why it did not work. When I tried to upload a jpg from my photobucket site that I knew was a larger size than is allowed I did get the error message of "file size too large" and of course that upload failed as expected.

I will keep trying different jpgs and file sizes and see if I can get something to work....but still unable to upload any new images into albums using the File Upload Manager.
                Linda
                -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

Just another note Al....I have still been unable to upload any new jpg to the File Upload Manager (FUM)...even my little bumblebee avatar which is only 80 x 71 pixels and 56 KB. As soon as I click Upload the little progress circle spins for a couple seconds and then disappears, no messages, no uploaded pic. I am using a MAC system btw if that makes a difference. We should probably hear from some PC users soon to see if the issues are universal or not.

I am able to use the FUM to move existing photos from one album to another or into a group album...but that only applies to images that had already been uploaded prior to the problems we are now having. The date of the last successful upload I did using FUM was November 4th.

Let me know if there is anything else I can test that might help you in your troubleshooting!
                  Linda

sigpic

Comment

nope - sorry I can't either

error message getting today:
                    The website cannot display the page

HTTP 500
                    Most likely causes:
                    • The website is under maintenance.
                    • The website has a programming error.
                    What you can try:

Refresh the page.

Go back to the previous page.

Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
                    hugs, Suzi
                    http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
                    it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

I CAN still insert photos into a post (see pics below) only using the HTML language...[IMG] [/IMG]

If I try to insert a pic into a post using the "Insert Image" window from the Post message toolbar above it does not work at all when selecting "Upload from Computer". If I select Add a Picture from a URL using a direct URL link it gives an error message stating "Invalid File".

Sorry for giving you all these headaches Al! But I have every confidence you will get to the bottom of it! Thanks!
                      Linda

sigpic

Comment

this is great feedback sewbee, I think I have a bead on it, I'll work on it some more tonght!

Comment

Making sure I got this right, the only place there is a problem is when you click the "Insert Image" button on the toolbar here?

Comment

No...that is just one place I happened to notice yesterday. The real problem is not being able to add any new pics to our albums under our profiles. That requires use of the File Upload Manager and that is still not working as I described in previous posts above. I rarely use the insert pic here in the posting window but just thought I should check it yesterday....it may be totally unrelated to the other problem.

I don't mind having to use HTML here in a post message to insert a pic but lots of folks don't have internet photo storage sites or are too unfamiliar with the HTML process. Because being able to add photos to our photo albums here is so critical to sharing our work and for group albums also...the File Upload Manager is the real problem in my mind.
                            Linda

sigpic

Comment

Okay, I'm trying this now, I've successfully uploaded images to my album, can I get some of you to try it for me?

Comment

Working...
                              X