X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nativetexan
    replied
    Re: RAIN and orders

I got my lovely replacement charms in the mail yesterday. nice and dry too. still in a larger box and placed in lower part of neighborhood mailbox.

Leave a comment:

• nativetexan
    replied

ha. i watched a French show the other night and the Detective went on and on about the labor laws. evidently not good in France either now. yep, i do miss my mailbox and mailman too. last one in Colorado was a cute hunk!

Leave a comment:

• redcaboose1717
    replied

I have more issues with the mail carriers in our area. There have been times when I have ordered from MSQC and MSQC will of course give you a tracking number when the package ships. I don't remember exactly when these two issues happened,(it was prior to my being ill & in the hospital for soooo long) but I expected a package on a Friday, and we were home ALL day....My computer desk is right next to a window that faces the driveway, so of course I would "hear" the mail truck drive in and they ALWAYS toot their horn anyways.
    Imagine my surprise when I didn't get the package and when went online, there was a message " Could not deliver, box too big to put in mailbox. No ONE home."
    The time?? 4:30 pm. I am always in the kitchen at 4:30 pm putting the finishing touches on the food OR setting the table, LOL, so I would have hear the mail truck drive in.
    This has happened TWICE to me. It is clearly USPS's fault....not MSQC fault in any way. I was told that (I talked to the Postmaster in our area the 2nd time this happened) there's so many fill ins, it's difficult to know who is driving our route from day to day.?????
    This is sad. Years ago, we had the same mailman/lady for 15-20 yrs. The USPS is no different that a lot of other businesses. They no longer want to employ someone for long term, and they probably don't treat the employee right either.

thK9B8Z0QG car antimated.jpg

Leave a comment:

• nativetexan
    replied

I caught the mailman today. of course he said there is no way to protect the mail from getting wet in a rain storm which we actually had. so. but got email from customer service and they are replacing charms for me. So I'm fine with it. I'm sure MSQuilts will make sure again that plastic bags are used for some items in future.

Leave a comment:

• ktdid
    replied

Yes, you had a bad experience, but if this had happened to me, at the very most, I would have requested to exchange the order. I would not have expected MSQ to have a premonition that rain is coming to my house, it's also not their fault it didn't fit in your mailbox. In a perfect world, this wouldn't have happened. Every one expects perfection in an imperfect world. The post office should have given notice in your mailbox, there was a package. I await all your lovely comments that are coming.

Leave a comment:

• redcaboose1717
    replied

Originally posted by nativetexan View Post
    I do so miss my own mailbox too.
    I also emailed the post office. they have a hand in this getting so wet I think.
    So how was your day? better than mine so far i hope. one whole packet shrank one way only. almost 3/4 of an inch. i tossed them into the dryer on air only. Oh well.
    I really think you should call MSQC....I truly believe that they would make this right.
    Did you call the your local post office and talk to someone? At any rate I think this should be turned into the post office even if you didn't want to contact MSQC.
    Lastly, I would send an email to MSQC and tell them WHAT happened. I don't think MSQC reads the forum all that much if at all, and I really think they would try to help you out with this, it's worth a try any way.

Leave a comment:

• redcaboose1717
    replied

I will say that when I ordered on 01/03/20 it was a FREE SHIPPING DAY.
    For starters, I should have KNOWN better than to purchase something on that day because let's face, people are going to order on the one day of the month that MSQC offers FREE SHIPPING....I mean, come on, if you do this, you have to know and realize that there's 10 times the amount of orders placed on a FREE shipping day!!

So, when I got the confirmation that after 6 days of sitting there, waiting to be shipped the order wasn't supposed to be delivered until 01/10/20 at the end of the day but then the next day the shipping was changed to 01/13/20 WHAT?????
    I decided to call and find out WHY the date was now THREE days more.....??? The gal I talked to was very nice (and personally with all the b*tching these gals/guys get, I don't know if I would want to handle calls on "FREE SHIPPING " Honestly I think I'd call in SICK!!
    All kidding aside, I think MSQC is TRYING....but to those of us that are so accustomed to the "wanting what we want and we WANT IT NOW age" we all seem to forget that once the package leaves MSQC's warehouse, we are usually at the MERCY of that DREADED USPS SurePost….which is all kidding aside A JOKE.
    Now, I am still STUMPED about how the package that I was TOLD wouldn't be delivered to me until Monday January 13th …..was delivered by the ORIGNIAL date I was first given notice of which was January 10th? HMMMM...….how could that be?

Lastly....this is something I want to let you know. I did call MSQC and the gal I talked to (sorry I don't remember her name now) told me that if I had chosen the $2.00 fee along with the FREE shipping, I would have gotten the package MUCH faster!!! So, maybe, JUST maybe that is something everyone should TRY to remember if you just really NEED to order on FREE SHIPPING DAY.....Again, I actually believe this is only my 2nd or 3rd time ordering on FREE shipping day.....since 2011 when I first found out about MSQC!!!
    Up until this last order, I have NEVER had trouble with order from MSQC. My previous order before the FREE Shipping order was to order the new Hexagon Template that I ordered and the first template came broken. MSQC was sooo nice and sent me out another one ASAP and didn't ask for the broken template back.

All in all, I know some of you have been increasingly upset with MSQC....but I do think they are trying, I really do. I don't think Jenny, Ron, Natalie, Alan NEVER thought that this little Quilt Shop in Missouri would be the MEGA BUSINESS it is today and for the most part I just want to thank MSQC for turning me onto quilting. When I found MSQC's website in 2011, I would have never dreamed that I would still be here watching videos and reading posts/comments on the forum almost 9 yrs later (I became a forum member in April of 2011)
    So, I really feel bad for calling MSQC and complaining.....I really do. This is only the second time I've called MSQC and I love the way the people talk to you, as if they have nothing better to do than to talk to you about quilting. The young lady that talked to me was VERY pleasant.
    Okay....so I suppose I should stop here.....I really hate to complain to any business. I think a lot of it has to do with the few years I worked retail while going to college while studying to be an RN. Believe it or not, if I lived in Hamilton or near there, I probably would seek out a part-time job there, the thought of working around all that fabric ….well, lets just say like most of you that are reading this, you get what I mean, I think it would be an great place to work!

Thanks for ALL you DO MSQC!!!!
    th5T2LY6JR.jpg
    Last edited by redcaboose1717; January 23rd, 2020, 11:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nativetexan
    replied

I didn't even think of a photo. Customer service has already emailed me. just waiting to see what goes on next.
    i can maybe use the smaller ones for anything requiring 4 inches, but no larger. I'm not worried just wanted to make sure they knew this happened and to use some plastic bags in future if possible. We would all appreciate that.

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

Reach out to customer service and let them know that the items were shipped without being placed into a plastic bag. I am pretty sure that they are supposed to put all fabric into plastic before shipping. I once got a black t-shirt and a layer cake that were put into the same plastic bag. The shirt was covered with little pieces of what I call fabric fleas - the tiny strings that come off the pinked edges. The shirt was a mess. I let Al know about it and he offered to send a new shirt. I said no, I can throw it in the wash, just make sure your packers know to place clothes and fabric in separate bags.

Leave a comment:

• DNeubauer
    replied

Just watched the wonky stars and you might use the charm packs for that quilt since you will be cutting them down to 4.5". I had a similar thing happened a few years ago with another shop and they were kind enough to replace the fabric and didn't asked for the damaged fabric to be returned. They did ask for a photo of the package and the fabric.

Leave a comment:

• nativetexan
    replied

I do so miss my own mailbox too.
    I also emailed the post office. they have a hand in this getting so wet I think.
    So how was your day? better than mine so far i hope. one whole packet shrank one way only. almost 3/4 of an inch. i tossed them into the dryer on air only. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

Native Texan ~ Sorry that happened to you. My one complaint about an order -- long time ago -- was the shippers used a large used box in which to send my order. It still had the address on the side of the batiks shop in CA, so my order strayed to CA. I eventually got it. They should have used a different box to mail my order, or if they needed to use that one, they should have used a marking pen to mark out all other addresses on the box. I'm glad I live in an older neighborhood where we have our own individual mailboxes.

Leave a comment:

• nativetexan
    started a topic RAIN and orders

RAIN and orders

I just sent a small complaint to the powers that be about my last order. Perhaps this has happened to others but the rain got my order. i ordered two charm packs and they were tossed into a larger than necessary box and that box did not fit into my personal mailbox of the neighborhood so it was put at the larger receptacle at the bottom. Rained yesterday or last night and my box was soaked. I have the charms in the dryer now on no heat. keep your fingers crossed.
    i did ask again that orders be put into plastic before mailing. this would not have happened. the box was falling apart too. sigh.
Working...
X