Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

July 12 was when I heard that MSQC was in negotiations for new mail service to Canada. They hoped it would be "soon". Unfortunately not soon enough for my latest order, placed July 23- a half price shipping day, shipped July 26 (really good as it was all cut pieces) and since then listed as In transit to Newark NJ - 9 business days, 13 real days! Google tells me that it is 1153 miles from Hamilton to Newark in a very straight line and driving time is 17.5 hours! They are averaging 128 miles per day if they don't actually move the parcels on the weekends - 88 if they do! My gosh, what do the Fedex people use to transport parcels? That is faster than horseback or a stagecoach but not as fast as a Model T!!! I am trying to find the humour in this but it is increasingly difficult. Let us hope that MSQC can get a better service to Canada in place asap!!!

Comment

Re: Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

Originally posted by kensington View Post
      I'm not sure how someone who has been here such a short time, who doesn't know them could say such a rude thing. I've been a customer a bit longer than you, I've attended 6 retreats, shopped in store too many times to count, I saw them go from one shop to where they are now... so I believe I can say this is not a group of people or a company that gets too big for their britches.

You have no idea how much they have worked and sweated to get where they are. They have built and rebuilt more than most people ever build in a life time in 10 years. They are kind, funny, humble people. When my sister passed away, Jenny saw it on facebook, and a few weeks later I was there shopping and she was headed somewhere, she was in a hurry, she stopped and hugged me so I could cry on her shoulder... People like that don't get too big for their britches. Walk a mile ... why don't cha.

The world doesn't start and stop on whether or not some fabric orders take a bit, The world doesn't revolve around you. They do not deserve your snide comments. You have no idea what you are talking about. Not even close.
      Thank you. I couldn't have said it better myself! This M-bashing is getting out of hand.

Comment

to bad you didn't know what my objective was, but Al does!!
        When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
        Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Shipments still taking too long.......
          I ordered 1 pattern on 12/26/19; it shipped 12/30/19 via Fedex Smarpost. Estimation of delivery? 01/06/20.
          Thursday , 1/02/202099 pmFEDEX SMARTPOST NORTHBOROUGH, MA
          Arrived at FedEx location
          14 pmGREENE TWP, PA
          In transit
          Tuesday , 12/31/20197:18 pmFEDEX SMARTPOST GROVE CITY, OH
          Departed FedEx location
          75 pmFEDEX SMARTPOST GROVE CITY, OH
          60 pmGROVE CITY, OH
          In transit
          3:32 amFEDEX SMARTPOST OLATHE, KS
          Departed FedEx location
          Monday , 12/30/201910:24 pmFEDEX SMARTPOST OLATHE, KS
          12:50 pm
          Shipment information sent to FedEx

I placed an order with another on-line quilt shop on 12/27/19 of a 16.5 inch Creative Grid Ruler and 3 spools of Mettler thread; it shipped 12/28/19 and was delivered 12/30/19 via USPS. That is service!

Would it make a difference to request my orders be shipped USPS only? Or, can that be done?
          Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

My orders only have to go about 200 miles and take JUST as long....And for the same shipping money, my orders from west coast get here in 3 days. Guess where I order most?
            Last edited by auntstuff; January 5th, 2020, 08:47 AM.
            TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Hey shermer, was this the expedited 2 day shipping or our standard saver shipping option?

Comment

Originally posted by BillNye View Post
                Hey shermer, was this the expedited 2 day shipping or our standard saver shipping option?
                It was the $5.00 shipping option.....
                Sherri

Comment

Gotcha, that one has a service agreement of 3-5 days, so you got it right around that range (with New Years and the weekend killing a few of the business days we get to track them on) unfortunately it took the full 5 days to get there. One thing we could have improved is getting it out sooner, and we can work on that.

The ones that really get me are when it takes weeks to get to you. Seeing as how this is pretty much in line with what we’d expect, I’m curious how we should have messaged this to you? Could we have given you better estimates or a notice that with the New Years day there would be a further delay? Just wondering how we could have helped this be a positive experience instead of a disappointing one?

We did add in the 2 day shipping option for a really good price (significantly cheaper than anyone else out there for 2 day) to help tackle situations like these if you were ever in a hurry.

Really appreciate you taking time to give feedback
                  Al

Comment

Originally posted by BillNye View Post

We did add in the 2 day shipping option for a really good price
                    (significantly cheaper than anyone else out there for 2 day) to help tackle situations like these if you were ever in a hurry.

Al

Al, just need to add this feedback: There are quite a few online fabric stores who offer $5 flat rate shipping and send it USPS Priority which is almost always 2 days. Just sayin'. I don't expect quick service from M* anymore, so not complaining - "just sayin'".
                    Donna

Comment

Could we have given you better estimates or a notice that with the New Years day there would be a further delay? Just wondering how we could have helped this be a positive experience instead of a disappointing one?

We did add in the 2 day shipping option for a really good price (significantly cheaper than anyone else out there for 2 day) to help tackle situations like these if you were ever in a hurry.

Al[/QUOTE]

I thought the shipping war was over! Can't you leave this poor man alone, a little bump in the road, and you start in again. Common sense should have told you there would be delays when there's holiday's involved or a big sale is going on. Al has bent over backwards for you, every one was happy after the final shipping charges & carrier's were finalized. There's no pleasing some people. Al, I appreciate your hard work, but there's always some one who is never satisfied.
                      When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
                      Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

And there's always another one to point out what they perceive as others' shortcomings....
                        TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I do apologize if my post seemed unkind....that was not my intention. It was proving a point that shipments shipped via USPS gets to me faster than Fedex Smartpost.
                          Since I do not have a local quilt shop to patron at and most of my fabric stash and supplies have been purchased on-line? I would like it sooner than later.
                          The current M* order purchased on 12/26/19 tracking stated I should receive the single pattern on 01/05/19. Then, it stated I should receive it 01/06/19. It is still not here; and I have received 2 orders from Buda, TX (order 12/27/19 and 01/04/20) via USPS. The "little bump in the road" regarding the way M* ships their orders has been going on since November 2017.
                          I have always adored the Doan family and I always will; I promote their franchise with quilters in the Northeast United States every chance I get.
                          Last edited by shermur; January 7th, 2020, 04:27 AM.
                          Sherri

Comment

Missouri Star order 12.26.19 recvd 01.07.20.jpg

So, my order from 12/26/19 finally showed up today. A single, hard copy pattern that was put into a box with a lot of paper stuffing and a thank you from the packer. So, is this why it went Fedex Smartpost instead of USPS? Because it was put into an oversized box?
                            Sherri

Comment

@shermur, didn’t read it as unkind, so don’t even worry about that.

Yeah, USPS is often a better service, they have terrible visibility into their hiccups though, if a package doesn’t get there in 3/4 days we literally never see it again. The service we’re using has improved, but is predictably 3-5 days for the flat rate. But it’s our volume there that let’s us offer the 2 day shipping that’s unmatched in the entire industry. I dunno, it’s all business decisions, I think we have a another service tier or two to introduce that continues to give better options (and hopefully a cheaper economy option still for people who don’t have any need to rush)

Thanks for the chat, I’ll keep you posted with where we go, lots of good ideas coming up the pipe. Closing this thread for now, we can do a new one for any new issues we run into

Comment

Working...
                              X