X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied
    Re: Smaller half hexagon

Their half hexi template can be used for any precut. I just put together Jenny's quilt ( tutorial from a week ago) using that template using 2-1/2" strips. Jenny cut up a layer cake into 5" squares to cut her hexi from, that got my interest up to try this with a jelly roll I was wanting to build a quilt with. It isn't tiny like paper pieced/EPP hexis, but it is as small as I want to work with. I need to put borders on mine and quilt it, I think it is going to make a great looking quilt!
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; June 3, 2019, 04:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• toggpine
    replied

I'm glad you linked that! I was pretty sure they had half-hexi templates in all the standard pre-cut sizes.

I just moved mine off the sewing table a few days ago. Then I had to stop and think if it was for a jelly roll strip, as I hadn't been using it for that.

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

It's been out for like 5 years or more. One of M*'s first templates.

Leave a comment:

• chelea
    replied

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...25-jelly-rolls

Leave a comment:

• Quilting Fool
    started a topic Smaller half hexagon

Smaller half hexagon

Unless I missed it, MSQ doesn't make a half hexagon for 2.5" strips. That would be great. I'd like to make a flower garden quilt that's closer in size to the traditional ones, but love the idea of not messing with the tedious piecing the original octagons required.
Working...
X