Smaller half hexagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smaller half hexagon

Unless I missed it, MSQ doesn't make a half hexagon for 2.5" strips. That would be great. I'd like to make a flower garden quilt that's closer in size to the traditional ones, but love the idea of not messing with the tedious piecing the original octagons required.

Re: Smaller half hexagon

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...25-jelly-rolls
    Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

It's been out for like 5 years or more. One of M*'s first templates.
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

I'm glad you linked that! I was pretty sure they had half-hexi templates in all the standard pre-cut sizes.

I just moved mine off the sewing table a few days ago. Then I had to stop and think if it was for a jelly roll strip, as I hadn't been using it for that.
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Their half hexi template can be used for any precut. I just put together Jenny's quilt ( tutorial from a week ago) using that template using 2-1/2" strips. Jenny cut up a layer cake into 5" squares to cut her hexi from, that got my interest up to try this with a jelly roll I was wanting to build a quilt with. It isn't tiny like paper pieced/EPP hexis, but it is as small as I want to work with. I need to put borders on mine and quilt it, I think it is going to make a great looking quilt!
          Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; June 3, 2019, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X