Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Sorry Missouri Star Quilt Co. But....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Sorry Missouri Star Quilt Co. But....

I have been a member of this forum since March, 2012. My first quilt shop order was probably months before that. (I lurked for awhile.) I love this company, and have ordered through you first and foremost before any other online retailer. I loved the family feel and customer service that was even better than my local QS. I have been an outspoken champion here on this forum when other's have lost patience and gotten angry. But, I just don't see any option here. I am done ordering from you for the foreseeable future. I am sorry.

My most recent order went in April 1. Today is April 10. My shipping info tells me this may be delivered tomorrow. April 11. At this point I can't even remember what I ordered or why. But, I do believe 11 days is just too long to wait. This is a consistent pattern, and I don't see anything changing anytime soon. I've seen promises to get to the bottom of the problem, but nothing being done. I believe the problem is the carrier, not Missouri Star. But, that just somehow doesn't matter when you're waiting, and waiting, and waiting.....

So, until things change I'm done. It's with sadness, because I'm a real hold out in this. But, there it is. I'll continue on the forum, because many ladies here are really good friends of mine, and I'm hoping someday I'll read about a change in reference to shipping.

Until then, it's been sweet. Thank you. And ***HUGS***
    sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Re: I'm Sorry Missouri Star Quilt Co. But....

And guess who CHOSE the carrier?
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I sure hope somebody at "the factory" is listening! But I hope this doesn't mean you are dropping out of the Forum too? We would hate for that to happen. Please stay with us! We are all loyal customers of M, and their champions wherever we go, other websites, Facebook posts, etc. I completely understand how you feel, and it has been posted a gazillion times how we are all regularly dissatisfied with their shipping. I don't know if M isn't getting the message, or is just ignoring it. Would sure like to know what is really going on here.

Comment

Libby, I am glad you are still staying with us here at the forum.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

If I get an order in 5-10 days, I don't have a problem with that. I usually don't need the item in a hurry anyway. I haven't been ordering because I already have such a large stash that I really don't need more fabric or notions. But if I see something I really want, I certainly will order it. I will remain a faithful customer of M*.

Comment

I'm on a can't sew, why but diet right now. I keep hoping the consistency of frustrated forum members will be noticed.

I'm glad you're sticking with us!
            Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
            ― Maya Angelou

Comment

I don't ever see how to choose my carrier. i order and it comes fairly fast. i live in Texas. so far, so good for me.

Comment

Originally posted by nativetexan View Post
                I don't ever see how to choose my carrier. i order and it comes fairly fast. i live in Texas. so far, so good for me.
                And I am way north of you and it takes almost 2 weeks, EVERY time.
                TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I think we are all in love with the story of how M* became a company and we have surely been enamoured with how the little guy became successful. But, we still want the little guy attitude!! Slow growth is good growth and intimacy with your customers creates loyalty. Shipping should not be an issue. Pack it up and hire an employee to drive it to a postoffice in KC if that's what its going to take, but don't put the constant excuse on the shipper. It CAN be fixed.

Comment

I still have no complaints. It's rare, if ever, that I get mine in more than 7 days. I've even gotten them within 4 days. :-)
                    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                    Women are Angels.
                    When someone
                    break's our wings
                    we will continue to
                    fly...usually on a
                    broomstick.
                    We're flexible like that.
                    - embroitique

Comment

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
                      I still have no complaints. It's rare, if ever, that I get mine in more than 7 days. I've even gotten them within 4 days. :-)
                      This is how it was for me years ago. In fact I even posted about it here and on Facebook. I would often get my order with in 2 days, 3 tops. It was unbelievable I have no idea what changed. I have been patient and tried to remain optimistic. But 11 days is unreasonable. I order from other sites and this is not the norm.
                      Again, I feel bad about my decision. And would gladly start up again if things change. But for now. I'm just done.

I will stay on the Forum though. Too much goodness here!
                      sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Libby...my birthday sister! I totally understand what you mean. Since November 2015, it seems that my orders with M* have taken longer and longer. I still love Jenny and the Doans; they have accomplished much in 10 years with the quilting world. I hold them ever dear. But, you're right...it is unacceptable on how long it takes to receive an order and it should not take as long as it does. In the beginning (starting in 2013) I ordered at least twice a month. Now, I am lucky to order once every other month and ordering cut yardage is almost unthinkable.
                        I, too, have looked for other companies that can get my product to me much sooner than 8-13 days delivery time. My last order with M* was the latest Mod Block. The package sat for three full days in Ohio before it moved to Connecticut. Then, it took another 2 days to make the trip from Connecticut to Vermont? I have said it before.....the more hands that touch the package, the longer it will take. I can't make sense of why this is saving anyone any money.....
                        Friday , 3/29/201910:28 am RUTLAND, VT - Delivered
                        Package delivered by U.S. Postal Service to addressee
                        8:17 amRUTLAND, VT
                        Out for delivery
                        Out for delivery with the U.S. Postal Service
                        Thursday , 3/28/201911:43 amRUTLAND, VT
                        At U.S. Postal Service facility

8:43 amRUTLAND, VT
                        In transit
                        In transit to U.S. Postal Service
                        Wednesday , 3/27/20197:19 pmFEDEX SMARTPOST WINDSOR, CT
                        Departed FedEx location
                        6:36 pm
                        Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service
                        Tuesday , 3/26/201968 pmFEDEX SMARTPOST WINDSOR, CT
                        Arrived at FedEx location
                        4:56 amWOODBRIDGE TWP, NJ
                        In transit
                        Saturday , 3/23/20196:47 amFEDEX SMARTPOST GROVEPORT, OH
                        Departed FedEx location
                        Friday , 3/22/201910:53 pmFEDEX SMARTPOST GROVEPORT, OH
                        67 pmGROVEPORT, OH
                        In transit
                        2:33 amFEDEX SMARTPOST OLATHE, KS
                        Departed FedEx location
                        Thursday , 3/21/201911:24 pmFEDEX SMARTPOST OLATHE, KS
                        12:20 am
                        Shipment information sent to FedEx
                        Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
                          Same for me. I have never had a problem with shipping or customer service.

Comment

I wish I still lived in Missouri......I would hope I wouldn't have the shipping issues I have had since moving away.
                            Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Once my packages are shipped it goes to 4 different sorting facilities. 3 just in the st louis area. Earth City, to St Louis, to E St Louis. It has already gone back to St Louis or Earth City from Illinois. FedEx smartpost is the worst ever. If my package has an estimated delivery date of the 10th and it reaches the area by the 7th, it will sit at one of the sorting facilities for 3 days till the estimated delivery date. When I order from The Fat Quarter Shop I get my order in 2 or 3 days. I know The FQS had switched shippers at one point and deliveries were taking forever. They listened to the customer complaints and went back to their original shipping method. I still order the daily deals when I like them but for yardage I might need I look elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X