Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Sorry Missouri Star Quilt Co. But....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm Sorry Missouri Star Quilt Co. But....

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
    When Al, Sarah and David Mifsud (I think I got the last name right) retired, David's brother Mike was hired as the new CEO. The original 3 hold places on the Board of Directors
    Thank you, Karen. If the new CEO is David's brother, this really is still a family business!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

When I first started ordering from them MSQ my orders would be to me fairly fast, then there was a slow down if I ordered cut yardage. It still seemed like the daily deal or precuts still got here fairly fast.

I have noticed for awhile now that regardless of what I order its processed in a timely manner but, sits in different towns from North Carolina, Georgia and others sometimes for days. I don't have this problem with any other company I order from .
      I love MSQ and this forum and I hope they get this problem straightened out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TMP View Post
        When I first started ordering from them MSQ my orders would be to me fairly fast, then there was a slow down if I ordered cut yardage. It still seemed like the daily deal or precuts still got here fairly fast.

I have noticed for awhile now that regardless of what I order its processed in a timely manner but, sits in different towns from North Carolina, Georgia and others sometimes for days. I don't have this problem with any other company I order from .
        I love MSQ and this forum and I hope they get this problem straightened out soon.
        I only have this problem with any package that comes to me by FedEx smartpost. I will take 4 days to get to me from the sorting facility that is only an hour away.

Comment

Originally posted by EnumclawGramma View Post
          This is how it was for me years ago. In fact I even posted about it here and on Facebook. I would often get my order with in 2 days, 3 tops. It was unbelievable I have no idea what changed. I have been patient and tried to remain optimistic. But 11 days is unreasonable. I order from other sites and this is not the norm.
          Again, I feel bad about my decision. And would gladly start up again if things change. But for now. I'm just done.

I will stay on the Forum though. Too much goodness here!
          Libby... We have all had issues with getting things in the mail and I am really sorry you are sooo frustrated. I often wonder just how many packages go out of MSQC's warehouse each day,and when they have the FREE SHIPPING DAYS...well, we all KNOW how crazy FREE SHIPPING MUST be even for the workers on the FREE SHIPPING DAYS!!!
          My DH made several "smart-aleck" comments about how awesome I think the forum is (ALL of you here on the forum are just amazing. I enjoy interacting with y'all.....I really do, and I have missed you all so much!) AMAZING of course and I suppose I get carried away talking about quilts and sewing, etc. so, Just prior to me getting really sick a while back, he said to me one day " Would you like to move to Hamilton,MO so you can get a part-time job?" Ohhhh...honey, don't TEMPT me!!! Of COURSE we all know that if I did work for MSQC I wouldn't make any money because all my wages would go for fabrics and other things MSQC sells LOL!

I really feel bad for any of you that have had the misfortune to have to wait 11 days or longer!!! Hopefully this will get noticed and by some great FABRIC QUILT BLOCK in the SKY.....MSQC will figure out a better shipping method!!

Again Libby...(and anyone else that has had a shipping issue) I feel bad for you. (((((HUGS))))
          Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
          http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Hey all, just wanted to chime in here again. Thank you again for being so respectful, kind, and hopeful as you share your frustrations.

A few things of note, we are definitely still a family business. We still own the company, there's no outside money in here trying to shake things up, nothing like that. I just wanted to try some new stuff, as most of you know two weeks after I stepped back from the day to day operations I met my wife, then a year and a half after I started Let's Make Art with a friend from college (which is now a subsidiary of MSQC) and I have a few more cool ideas of things that would be fun and risky to build I get to keep trying.

Mike (my best friends little brother) is actually pretty incredible. He got some major software upgrades to happen and has assembled a world class team in the fulfilment space to help fix our issues. We have people from Hallmark, Diapers.com, Amazon and more in there solving the problem of how to cut and ship fabric better than anyone else on the planet. I'm incredibly excited about the next 6 months, the industry has never seen some of the big things we're building right now.

That being said, I read every post on this thread and it's kind of a heartbreak. We owe your loyalty a better service than what you've been getting, or at least a choice. Give me till the end of next week, I'll have something in place for the meantime, it'll probably just be a ground shipping option or something, but a way for you to choose how much to spend and how long to wait. Sorry it took so long to get going, we were kind of holding our breath until the big ideas came through, but you all are spot on, we can fix this now. Hang on a few and we'll get it going.

Comment

We heard pretty much that when it was UPS Surepost. Then it got worse.....
              TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Originally posted by auntstuff View Post
                We heard pretty much that when it was UPS Surepost. Then it got worse.....
                You're right, all I'm saying is I hear you and I'm working on it right now. The goal is just to give you a choice in service. I'm fine earning your trust back though, I'll win you back over

Comment

Thanks, Al. It's good to know you're jumping onto the problem! Thanks for still keeping an ear on us.

Edit: I hadn't read your post on Page 5 when I wrote the above. I have several more thoughts:
                  - I had no idea you still read ALL our posts. Thank you for that.
                  - Congratulations on your new family. (I'm a bit late offering good wishes to you. Sorry.)
                  - I'd heard there was a new MSQC CEO, but until this week I had no idea he was the brother of a co-founder.
                  - It is wonderful to hear that MSQC is still a family company. Having not heard about your friendship with the new CEO, I actually did think that M* had ceased to be a family business. I appreciate learning that I was wrong.
                  Last edited by GuitarGramma; April 16th, 2019, 03:58 PM.
                  Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

I guess I'm the odd duck because I've never had a problem with MSQC shipping. I ordered the Drunkard's Path template set last Friday, 4/12, and it arrived here (KY) today via Fedex Surepost....4 days that included a weekend.
                    *~* Myrna *~*
                    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Thank you, Al. I'm glad we've still got your ear.

I can't wait to see what M* has coming up next.

I have to say, Diaper.com had me chuckling!
                      Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                      ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Thanks for listening. We have faith you will fix this for us.

Comment

[QUOTE=BillNye;1060525]You're right, all I'm saying is I hear you and I'm working on it right now. The goal is just to give you a choice in service. I'm fine earning your trust back though, I'll win you back over [/QUOTE

Al you have NO idea how wonderful it is to read you! Thank you for this. I mean it. I love this company, you are part of my quilt journey and I didn't make this decision lightly. I'll be watching, and once the shipping thing is ironed out you've got my business, I promise! I really never felt it was an in house thing, because my orders always shipped OUTquickly. It was what happened after that.

Anyway, Thank you!
                          sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Thank you for the update that you are hearing our concerns. Looking forward to a better choice. Thanks!

Comment

Let's hear it for Al!! We knew someone would hear our thoughts & concerns.

Thanks, Al for listening.

Gina

Comment

thanks, Al. We all appreciate your reply to our concerns. It would be nice if all that are a part of this conversation would take the time to thank you also. It doesn't take any more time to type a nice note of thanks than to type a nasty note to your comments. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                                X