Shipping Complaints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Complaints

I've been reading of all the trouble a lot of you are having, I also ordered the DD bolt of fabric, & received it very quickly. That being said, I do have a suggestion, since your not getting your orders in a timely fashion.
    Instead of talking with words...talk with you pocket book! if most of us rallied around the "I'm not ordering another thing for ….days. If they received no orders for even just one day, it would definitely get their attention!!

Granted, some kind sole would have the task of getting this organized, getting enough members to make an impact,
    and for us to stick to the commitment. Complain with words is all fine and good, but if it's not getting results change your method of dissatisfaction. One last word, if there's someone who really needed the DD bolt of fabric I would gladly sell mine, for the same price I paid. It's disheartening when you need it now, and you can't get it.
    When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: Shipping Complaints

Shipping is a tough subject. Mine came quickly too.
    Your offer is very kind, and please remember that no selling is permitted on this site.
    Happy Holiday Season!
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

While I can have empathy for a person who decides to shop elsewhere if they are unhappy with shipping problems they have encountered, trying to start a crusade on a forum kindly hosted by the company is not a route I'd be in support of.

A lot of us have a long history with this company. As usual I'm leery of anyone who comes into a forum.. new with only two posts listed and suggests something like this.
      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Good Morning Kathryn,

I guess I'm in the boat of I ordered it but I don't really need it right now. I have Mayfield Indigo that needs a bright white, but I haven't decided on a pattern yet. I want it for when I am ready.

Anyway, M* is trying to figure out their own best practices. We complained about the other company, so they're trying something different. Well, it's not as good as the way it was. They have a contract, so eventually they'll be able to try something else. I think most of us have suggested having a variety of shipping methods to choose from and dropping the flat fee, but many other vendors offer the flat fee for shipping and their methods are quicker.

Now that the processing and getting the orders ready to ship is working more efficiently, the next piece of the puzzle is shipping. Given time, they'll get it figured out. I'm sure everyone knows, once it leaves M*'s hands, they just as much as us are at the mercy of the shippers.

Personally, I'm not to happy with FedEx, but I signed up for notifications and I can see where my package is. And, yes, sometimes my package takes the most round about trip possible. UPS/ Surepost was just about as bad with 1 order spending 4 days moving from place to place in GA just across the border of FL.

There are plenty of days I don't order from M* because there isn't anything I need, but I won't stop ordering when I do need because I can't always depend on being able to get someone to take me to a LQS.

Everyone here is on their own quilting journey.
        Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

, but many other vendors offer the flat fee for shipping and their methods are quicker.
          This is very true. I have dealt with several of them, and will avoid shopping here til its fixed. Sad.
          Last edited by auntstuff; December 21st, 2018, 07:13 AM.
          TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Yeah, I'm going to pass on the whole boycott thing. I have no ax to grind with M*. They have been nothing but a great company for me to do business with for many years.

And I noticed that you have (at the time I write this) exactly two posts on this forum, both coming at M* with guns blazing. The first post calling them liars and the second calling for a boycott on them. Hmm....
            Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

I just see a suggestion. Where's the guns you speak of?
              TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Originally posted by auntstuff View Post
                "Granted, some kind sole would have the task of getting this organized, getting enough members to make an impact,
                and for us to stick to the commitment. "

In my book this is where it goes from suggestion to activist post. But other peoples mileage might vary :-)
                https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Come on folks, boycotting this company after everything that they have done. I've had problems and they were resolved. I've also had problems with other companies and their attitude was very different. I will continue to support M*.

Comment

Nah. I'll also pass on the whole boycott thing. I've been with this company for far too long, watching the growing pains and joys. I can hang in while they get the shipping wiggles out. And they will. Guaranteed!
                    sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by EsGrandma View Post
                      Come on folks, boycotting this company after everything that they have done. I've had problems and they were resolved. I've also had problems with other companies and their attitude was very different. I will continue to support M*.
                      Well said ExGrandma. I've had problems with other companies also. I would never go against M* and I too will continue to support them.
                      sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Comment

just had to say, nothing ordered from this company but had to tell you that my Sister sent me some things and they were delivered at 10 PM last night. dropped on my porch against the metal folding chair i had against the wall. two large silver bags of stuff i ended up putting in my car for charity, but she had to send it to me. she cleans out and i clean out. anyway, strange things are happening in deliveries these days!

Comment

Originally posted by auntstuff View Post
                          I stated it pretty clearly in my post, but I will repeat myself...

In her first post she calls them liars. In her second post she calls for a boycott on them.

Guns blazing.
                          Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

As I sit here reading these posts and others regarding shipping complaints, I find it sad that the most important thing to complain about in your life is shipping. Is it really that serious that you don't get your item as fast as you want it. If you need it that bad then go to the store or put your project on hold till your item arrives. Put this all in perspective, is this the worst thing happening to you? After loosing my Jim last month, believe me shipping is the least thing I worry about. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy and cherish your friends, family and loved ones.

Comment

Personally I like M*. I have ordered only a few times mostly because I am new to quilting so haven't needed much.
                              Everything I have ordered, except the order I just placed, has arrived quickly and in good condition.

I really like the quality and variety of things M* carries.
                              I really really like Jenny's tutorials. I enjoy the forum of great people and great advice.

I will continue to shop M* products and support this forum.
                              It all helps keep quilting fun for me.

Now back to my cart of goodies I am working on for yet another beautiful quilt project.

Comment

Working...
                              X