Ssslllooooooww to ship. Whyyyyyy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ssslllooooooww to ship. Whyyyyyy

I’m so frustrated. Part of an order I placed a month ago got canceled and never shipped. Now I placed an order last week for the bolt of white fabric. Got an email the same day saying it was shipped . Well according to the Fed Ex site it has yet to be picked up. That’s just crazy. They’d better not cancel that order. I placed it around 5 a.m. Sorry, ladies, I had to vent . Makes me rethink any orders
    Last edited by Harleybb; December 17th, 2018, 06:51 PM.

Re: Ssslllooooooww to ship. Whyyyyyy

I ordered the Snow DD on 12/12. It arrived today.

I ordered the bolt of confetti Cotton on 12/14. The label was created on 12/15 at 4:45 but there's no indication that it has even left M*. Sigh, thank goodness I didn't need it this week.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Maybe holiday shipping is that backed up.

Comment

Noticed this re: a past Friday order - Mine really don't start "moving" until late Monday.
        M* Shipping label was created for a single pre-cut 11/23 in the morning. Picked up by FedEx that night.
        Arrived at FedEx location in OLATHE, KS at 11pm Friday night 11/23.

AND HERE'S THE IRRITATING PART
        Departed FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST OLATHE, KS Monday , 11/26/2018 at 3:26 pm.

So while most other companies get their orders out quickly (sometimes received in 3 days) my Friday FedEx order sat over the weekend and most of Monday.

The 12/14 DD (10 yd bolt) made it to FedEx on Olathe KS at 11pm ... no movement notification since then.
        Last edited by Judy, USMC; December 17th, 2018, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Fedex is very lax about updating their tracking information too
          K is for Karen 😊​..................
          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Comment

I always cringe when I see Smart Post. You can add a couple days to delivery with that. I hate smart post.
            Last edited by Harleybb; December 18th, 2018, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Ouch..l must be under a lucky star. I ordered the DD white fabric around 6 in the morning. Got an email that it was shipped about7:30 am. Was supposed to arrive by FedEx tracking tomorrow....got it yesterday morning.
              “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
              “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

I would call the M* customer service. They are definitely sympathetic and compassionate. It seems something unusual may have happened to your package depending where you live. I once placed an order, and it had started moving, then it stayed somewhere in limbo. I thought it either got lost or fell off a truck somewhere. I called after 4 weeks. They re-shipped the order minus one item no longer available, and gave me some quilter's cash. It arrived in usual time about 10 days, as it has to go trough Customs.

I ordered the DD bolt of fabric & other stuff on 14th. While it was processing for a few days, and I expected this as I had cut yardage, it was shipped yesterday. I know that I won't get this year, as it will go through customs, and Canada's postal strike has been backlogged with delivery of items. But who knows.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

i placed an order 12/14 (daily deal plus few other things) and got it today. no yardage though

Comment

Update- Ordered DD on 12/14 (bolt of white).

Ticket created 12/15 FedEx sent information

Arrived at FedEx 12/17

Left OLATHE, KS, 12/19

I wonder where this one is going to now!
                    Katrina

― Maya Angelou

Comment

If it follows true to form, it will land in Mississippi in a couple days.
                      TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

UPDATE. My bolt was delivered last evening. I’m happy. I don’t mind waiting for delivery. As long as I got my order I’m cool I guess holiday shipping was backlogged. So my guess is the shipping issues lie more with Fed Ex or USPS Tham Missouri *
                        Last edited by Harleybb; December 23rd, 2018, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harleybb View Post
                          UPDATE. My bolt was delivered last evening. I’m happy. I don’t mind waiting for delivery. As long as I got my order I’m cool I guess holiday shipping was backlogged. So my guess is the shipping issues lie more with Fed Ex or USPS Tham Missouri *
                          You're right Harleybb, once it leaves M* we're all at the mercy of the shippers. Last time I checked on FedEx, mine should have been here yesterday, but didn't arrive here. I'll check again shortly to see if it's even in the state. ;-)
                          Katrina

― Maya Angelou

Comment

I had stopped looking at the tacking info because the last time I looked Fed Ex said the shipping label was voided. I hope you get yours today KPH. I see you are in Jacksonville too so maybe!

Comment

My bolt of white left Olathe Kansas on Tuesday the 21. Arrived in Earth City and then St louis on Wed. .On Thursday in arrived in E St louis. It went back to St Louis on Thursday and then back to Earth City also on Thursday the 20th. It sat there and then left Earth City yesterday. I am suppose to be receiving it on Thursday the 27th. go figure. I am only one hour away from Earth City. Actually, I am only one hour away from any of these sorting locations. I hate FedEx. This happens to every package I get from them. I have no idea why this package keeps traveling around.

Editing to say that I have no problem with M* at all. My complaint is with FedEx. I really never had any problems with my orders from USPS. It didn't travel around and then end up back in the same shipping location it started in. I'll continue my purchasing from them. They make me smile
                              Last edited by sydneybean; December 23rd, 2018, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X