MSQC mistake + FedEx Smart Post = very unhappy customer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSQC mistake + FedEx Smart Post = very unhappy customer

My original order was placed 11/13 and was quickly processed and shipped FedEx Smart Post. I received it 11/20 with one item missing. I informed MSQC 11/21 of the missing item. They responded 11/23 and assured me the item would be sent out right away. I checked the tracking a couple of days later and saw that they shipped it to the wrong address. I called again on 11/27 and asked for another replacement and because they had made the same mistake TWICE, could they please send it priority. I was assured that it would be "expedited" . Well, it's 12/3 and a label has been made and it is waiting to be picked up by FedEx. You guessed it...Smart Post. It's been 6 days since I informed them of their SECOND error on this one item and I won 't receive it for another week. Two weeks...I guess that's what MSQC considers "expedited" . This is ridiculous. Other shops are able to ship out next day, or even same day, and the send it USP Priority. I've placed 100s of orders from MSQC over the years but I think I'm done. Fat Quarter Shop's fabric is $0.15 more a yard but it is all folded the same size and wrapped in plastic, not shoved in a baggie. And it is shipped out next day, Priority mail for $5!
    Rescued is my favorite breed.

Re: MSQC mistake + FedEx Smart Post = very unhappy customer

Hi Baskets4deb,

My name is Lisa and I work here at Missouri Star. This is so upsetting to read. Would you be able to email me at [email protected] with your information. We want to get to get this resolved for you asap.

Many thanks!
    Lisa

Comment

Dear Lisa, and M*...In the last few days I have seen two (maybe three) such emails from you in hopes of alleviating some issues and RANTS from various members here. I have just got to say, all of them relate to shipping issues/problems. I have not ordered LOTS from you over the years, but find myself leary of any further orders. I DO love M* and your story, your family, and your efforts. This forum is wonderful, I check it every day, but for me (and maybe several others (I can't speak for others)) I am holding off ordering anything further. I am so sorry to read this latest issue.
      A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I think every company has shipping issues at one time or another. You just dont read about them on a forum. I keep to a rule of only order online if you are not in a hurry. Otherwise I go to the store. 99.99 percent of the time I am in no rush and I am grateful for that. I dont worry about shipping. No stress.
        Karen
        Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Okay I am chiming in on this. I have already posted my problem under general discussion, someone suggested Squeaky Wheel. This takes the cake. Ordered a layer cake on Nov 10, shipped on the 11th, traveled here and there and ended up in Chino, calif FedEx office on the 16th (not the fire area), it stayed there for ten days Nov 26. Checked every day. Then FedEx changed the tracking info and said they transferred it over to USPS on Nov 19th. Estimated delivery first was Dec 6th, then they changed it to Dec 7th. I tracked the USPS and they have no record of that tracking number. Tried to contact through FedEx website, entered all this information with their tracking number, and they say they have no record on that number. If it finally does show up on Dec 7th, that will be 26 days since I ordered it. And yes I live in Hawaii, but Connecting Thread and Equilter get my ordered to me in one week or less.

Comment

And in my case, it goes 3X the distance in 1/3 the time. Sad.
            TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I sent Lisa an email. Their 3rd attempt at sending my missing fabric took 6 days to ship and is scheduled for delivery on the 11th. There isn't much she can do about it now. Poor customer service. Poor shipping method.
              Rescued is my favorite breed.

Comment

I know as a loyal forum member who posts here everyday, these shipping issues are prevalent and iMHO totally out of control. I feel guilty getting fabric elsewhere when they are giving me this forum full of friends for FREE. However, seems we have earned the right. Our loyalty has been a strong reason for this families survival. We love the story, the family, the forum and the quality of the goods. But, now the story is old, the family is on their feet and doing very well, and perhaps now that they want to play with the big boys, they need to get their big boy pants on and FIX these issues for the shipping. I personally have not had any shipping issues, but if I did...and I probably will...I , too, would be leary of another order.
                Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                Terry

Comment

Last 4 orders I've placed from 3 different on-lines I paid standard $5 S&H for 3... 1 was free. All the orders were sent USPS straight to my P.O. Box. None of this hop skipping all over the S.E US.
                  Two of these places were new to me to order from....so I called first to see how they shipped...USPS
                  Blessings to all Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                    I know as a loyal forum member who posts here everyday, these shipping issues are prevalent and iMHO totally out of control. I feel guilty getting fabric elsewhere when they are giving me this forum full of friends for FREE. However, seems we have earned the right. Our loyalty has been a strong reason for this families survival. We love the story, the family, the forum and the quality of the goods. But, now the story is old, the family is on their feet and doing very well, and perhaps now that they want to play with the big boys, they need to get their big boy pants on and FIX these issues for the shipping. I personally have not had any shipping issues, but if I did...and I probably will...I , too, would be leary of another order.
                    Terry, my sentiments exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mischiefkat1 View Post
                      Last 4 orders I've placed from 3 different on-lines I paid standard $5 S&H for 3... 1 was free. All the orders were sent USPS straight to my P.O. Box. None of this hop skipping all over the S.E US.
                      Two of these places were new to me to order from....so I called first to see how they shipped...USPS
                      Blessings to all Kathy
                      You have a PO box. It has to be shipped USPS as UPS and FedEx don't deliver to PO boxes.
                      K is for Karen 😊​..................
                      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                      T - is it TRUE?
                      H - is it HELPFUL?
                      I - is it INSPIRING?
                      N - is it NECESSARY?
                      K - is it KIND?

Comment

Both Smart/Sure Post turn my packages over to the in town USPS distribution center for delivery to my PO Box.
                        Blessings Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                          You have a PO box. It has to be shipped USPS as UPS and FedEx don't deliver to PO boxes.
                          No longer true with FedEx Smartpost or UPS Surepost. Since the package is handed off by FedEx or UPS to the post office, the package can be delivered to most any address or PO box in the USA

Comment

My last two orders are expected 3 weeks out. Received one and it was about three weeks, still waiting on the other one... They are back to the slow/bad shipping for my area. I have not been even looking at the site much since. I need to order fabric (close to 50 yards for a Judy Niemeyer quilt) for a class and I can't order from here and be able to start my class. Sad
                            ~~Sewin' Love w/ Quilting~~Lucy~~

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                              I am being sent a package today by FedEx smartpost from Msqc and I have a po box. Smartpost transfers to the post office. So does ups. I am not happy about smartpost at all. Shipment today delivery date is the 12th. I live 3 hours from Hamilton. Once it gets to st louis it will transfer to 3 or 4 different facilities and sometimes to one facility twice. Not a fan of smartpost at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X