daily deal sold out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

daily deal sold out

Hummm….loaded up my cart today with the couch to quilt kit...$49 and 10 yds of duck canvas but needed to check on a color...Went to town to get a trundle bed and was going to cover the mattresses and make it into a sitting couch. Was really excited to get the $10 off and wanted the couch to quilt kit for a granddaughter. Came back home and logged in and decided on the grey and lo and behold my couch to quilt kit had gone up to $99. Not sold out...just gone up in price...then I go to the daily deal and they are offering a Christmas fabric. I didn't order today. I am disappointed....I think I can get fabric for the trundle later.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Re: daily deal sold out

It must have sold out very early. I checked in early afternoon and it was already gone.

Comment

How is it sold out if they still have it? Seems like a bait and switch.
      TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Maybe they could only afford to sell so many at that price? But I think if you tried to order it now you would find it is on back order until they can put together more kits.

Comment

The DD usually say "Limited quantities available at this price." I have noticed sometimes they "sell out" at the sale price, only to have the same item available a few hours later or the next day at the regular price.

Comment

Terry,
            How disappointing. I've discovered if there's something I really want, I need to order it ASAP or it will be sold out. It's frustrating when it's something you really want & miss out. Hopefully you'll find something that will work another day.

Comment

To accuse them of "bait and switch" is uncalled for. Often times a great sales price is for a limited quantity of that item. And when they reach that limit, the deal is gone even though more of that item remains in the store. There is nothing wrong with this practice. If you are quick enough, you get the deal. If you snooze, well, you sometimes lose. It happens to all of us. That's life.
              Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Well said Suzette! It is the way things are when shopping on-line or in brick and mortar stores. Sometimes sales/specials are good for a limited time only sometimes there is a limited quantity only. Personally I was not interested in the couch quilt yesterday and when I noticed the "new" DD-thanks for posting Terry-I went for the jelly roll. I was glad M* chose to offer a new DD option.

Beth
                Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

I snoozed too long also. I have a friend that wants to learn to quilt and we thought this would be a great starter. Well I snoozed too long after talking to her that morning. So, now she gets to pick out her own charm pack and use my tools. Glad I looked at the price in my shopping cart before finalizing.

Comment

i got the couch to quilt last time and really loved the second offer. that is so awesome of them to do. you surely cannot snooze when it comes to the daily deal they are all so good..........
                    Karen
                    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I don't see this as bait and switch at all. Limited quantities as always and their perogative.

Now, what I am wondering about - how often do they offer a second DD when the first one sells out? Not something they have to do, and I don't remember them doing in the past, but apparently they have done several times recently. (I was actually relieved to know this since I thought one day I was going crazy.)That creates a problem for me! Now I have to check the site twice a day - you know - just in case. Also, if you bought the first DD are you still allowed to get the second one?

When I saw this DD I immediately sought out a coworker who is retiring this week and wants to start quilting. Hope she was able to get in on it before it sold out.
                      Donna

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                        Hummm….loaded up my cart today with the couch to quilt kit...$49 and 10 yds of duck canvas but needed to check on a color...Went to town to get a trundle bed and was going to cover the mattresses and make it into a sitting couch. Was really excited to get the $10 off and wanted the couch to quilt kit for a granddaughter. Came back home and logged in and decided on the grey and lo and behold my couch to quilt kit had gone up to $99. Not sold out...just gone up in price...then I go to the daily deal and they are offering a Christmas fabric. I didn't order today. I am disappointed....I think I can get fabric for the trundle later.
                        I bet if you messaged customer service and told them how close you were, they might be able to make it work?

Comment

Originally posted by dwil23 View Post

Now, what I am wondering about - how often do they offer a second DD when the first one sells out?
                          We've started doing this sometimes when we sell out surprisingly fast. We try to never have to do it because we put so much effort behind the original DD (email that goes out, everyone sees the page first thing) but we know how frustrating it can be to get there and have it be sold out early, so we're trying some stuff

Comment

Bill, that is nice of you. However, fair is fair and I do understand. I will watch and maybe this deal will happen again. I was just disappointed. I'm getting old and sometimes I speak before I should. Being retired as many of us are, we are on budgets and sometimes we need to think longer than we should before spending. I , in this instance, wanted the fabric for a bed I had not purchased and went into town to buy the bed so I would have the correct measurements for the fabric I was going to order. So, I was three hours and that's just too long. M* has a lot of followers and it is hard for some of us to wrap our minds around how much business you actually do.
                            Thank you for responding.
                            Originally posted by BillNye View Post
                            I bet if you messaged customer service and told them how close you were, they might be able to make it work?
                            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                            Terry

Comment

nothing wrong with it. still - sounds very odd to my brain. but then i 'm not in business.

Comment

Working...
                              X