Shipping/Inventory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping/Inventory

I've had it! I thought MSQC had fixed their shipping/inventory problems. I received order confirmation at 12:22 a.m. on 3/17. This was an order with a couple of notions, several pieces of yardage, and a layer cake that was on sale. I placed my order that day because of the sale layer cake. A week goes by and the order is still "processing". Then all the yardage is cut and everything BUT the layer cake is marked "ready to ship". Today I called, and no, they did NOT save the layer cake for me. Because I had yardage to cut they gave my layer cake to someone else. This happened to me several times before the system was supposedly fixed. I don't know if I am on some kind of a "bad" list because I have complained before about this issue or if it is because they hold all the orders that have yardage. Whatever, it is a bad business practice!

I talked to customer service today and told them to refund my $$$ and cancel the order. I have never had this happen with any other company! I placed an order Friday afternoon with Craft Town for 7 pieces of cut fabric and received it today. They are at least 450 miles farther away than MSQC.

I think the company has grown too large, too fast. I never had this problem until last summer and it then happened 5 different times. I'm sad to say that I will be taking my business elsewhere.
    Rescued is my favorite breed.

Re: Shipping/Inventory

It should be first come first serve and have been put aside for you. I don't get why that isn't the norm?
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Sorry you have had such 'bad' luck.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Understand your frustration. I have no complaints, simply because there just hasn't been anything calling my name to purchase it.

Comment

I haven't had any issues but I haven't ordered much in the past month so no complaint here.

Comment

Originally posted by baskets4deb View Post
            I've had it! I thought MSQC had fixed their shipping/inventory problems. I received order confirmation at 12:22 a.m. on 3/17. This was an order with a couple of notions, several pieces of yardage, and a layer cake that was on sale. I placed my order that day because of the sale layer cake. A week goes by and the order is still "processing". Then all the yardage is cut and everything BUT the layer cake is marked "ready to ship". Today I called, and no, they did NOT save the layer cake for me. Because I had yardage to cut they gave my layer cake to someone else. This happened to me several times before the system was supposedly fixed. I don't know if I am on some kind of a "bad" list because I have complained before about this issue or if it is because they hold all the orders that have yardage. Whatever, it is a bad business practice!

I talked to customer service today and told them to refund my $$$ and cancel the order. I have never had this happen with any other company! I placed an order Friday afternoon with Craft Town for 7 pieces of cut fabric and received it today. They are at least 450 miles farther away than MSQC.

I think the company has grown too large, too fast. I never had this problem until last summer and it then happened 5 different times. I'm sad to say that I will be taking my business elsewhere.
            I would highly recommend you send an email to Al, or Bill Nye on the Forum. I am certain this issue will be addressed because they're working really hard on this problem. Please? Don't give up. They need to hear from us when these things happen, and not just whoever answers the phone.
            sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

I'm so sorry this happened. We dropped the ball on this.

It brings up an issue that had not occurred to me before. The way we process orders is by filling up a cart. Those carts begin with FBY, by the time the cart with your order made it to the precut aisle, your layer cake was already sold out. I'll speak with our director of operations and fulfillment manager about this today. We don't have a process for setting products aside or for identifying orders that will need to be partially shipped or held for back-orders until we take the time to look for the items, which can take a day or more.

On another note, I want you to know that there is no "bad list", only bad experiences where we've fallen short of the standard we try to hold ourselves to. We genuinely value the honest, but painful criticism and complaints we get because we need it to help us grow. As we continue to improve, I hope we can win back your trust and your business, though I honestly can't say I would respond any differently if I were in your shoes.

Again, you have our sincerest apologies,
              Sam

Comment

I'm sorry this has happened to you. It is frustrating, but I trust that all MSQC staff are hard at work to improve the system.

I recently saw a you Tube video of their warehouse / tour. And OMG. That is a lot of fabric. I am impressed that not more things don't go wrong. I had a recent experience where I was waiting for 1/2 yard of fabric backordered. I finally wrote and asked if they would send substitute of similar fabric with other colour and they did. Funny though, I thought it would have been shipped in a padded envelope. Instead, my cats get to play with yet their smallest box with stuffed paper. So for me since package is coming to Canada, and must clear customs, I am impressed that I got it within 10 days.
                Kudos to MSQC.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Originally posted by PugetBound View Post
                  I'm so sorry this happened. We dropped the ball on this.

It brings up an issue that had not occurred to me before. The way we process orders is by filling up a cart. Those carts begin with FBY, by the time the cart with your order made it to the precut aisle, your layer cake was already sold out. I'll speak with our director of operations and fulfillment manager about this today. We don't have a process for setting products aside or for identifying orders that will need to be partially shipped or held for back-orders until we take the time to look for the items, which can take a day or more.

On another note, I want you to know that there is no "bad list", only bad experiences where we've fallen short of the standard we try to hold ourselves to. We genuinely value the honest, but painful criticism and complaints we get because we need it to help us grow. As we continue to improve, I hope we can win back your trust and your business, though I honestly can't say I would respond any differently if I were in your shoes.

Again, you have our sincerest apologies,
                  Sam
                  I cancelled this order on March 26th and it arrived today. I opened it and the "out of stock" layer cake was in the box. A couple other items were missing, .25 yard of fabric and a notion. I called and they are sending me a return label. I canceled the order because of the layer cake. Four days later it is shipped WITH the layer cake enclosed. I don't understand what is going on. If 2 items hadn't been missing (one wasn't on the packing slip but neither was the layer cake) I might have asked if it was possible to pay for and keep the items.

Comment

Wow...that is questionable communication(s). I would probably be fuming.....
                    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

I'm keeping an eye on an order I placed Wednesday night (March 28), for two cuts of fabric and a pattern. It is still processing. I ordered just the daily deal a couple of days later and that shipped within 24 hours. I'm going to give them another day or two before I contact customer service to see what the delay is.

Comment

Originally posted by shermur View Post
                        Wow...that is questionable communication(s). I would probably be fuming.....
                        I am! Customer service said they would give me $5 quilter's cash "for my trouble" but 7 1/2 hours later and it hasn't shown up. I still think they must have me on some kind of "bad" list. I could have been dishonest and kept the package and not notified them of their error.

Comment

perhaps you should private message Sam who replied to you when first mentioned on forum, to discuss further.
                          or just track send the package back. send the tracking number to the firm.

Comment

Originally posted by PugetBound View Post

How can they NOT have a process for this in place? I don't understand.

Comment

I called customer service and spoke to a supervisor. He told me to keep the order. Meanwhile a second package was sent from that same canceled order and he is going to call me after it arrives. This was one failure after another but at least I finally got an apology and a promise to look into the way they process orders.

Comment

Working...
                              X