X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seriously Disappointed in Order Handling

Originally posted by baskets4deb View Post
    It now says 1 - 2 week delay.
    Yeah, we're actually closer to a 3-4 day delay right now, but the team wanted to over promise and under deliver while they make sure they can handle more volume. That entire message should go away in a few days if everything stays how it is. It's almost starting to be fun again

Comment

Hello all! Long time lurker here and I only joined today just to say I made an order of a few precuts and a ruler last night and I got an email this morning that it's already shipped! I had a gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket!

I was among those who had orders that went astray in December and that finally got sorted out too.

Looks like things may be getting back on track.

And as an aside...thank you to all the fine folks at M* and all the fine folks on this forum!

Comment

Bill Nye, I think you mean to under promise and over deliver��
        https://www.etsy.com/shop/FaintlyArtistic
        https://www.pinterest.com/FaintlyArt...shed-projects/

Comment

Originally posted by FaintlyArtistic View Post
          Bill Nye, I think you mean to under promise and over deliver

Comment

That is funny. It's good when we can find hummer in our daily lives. That being said I received my order yesterday and I am sad. I really love M* but this order is really confusing. It's the order where I asked to have the calendar cancelled. I have an email confirming its cancellation and when I checked it did say cancelled. Then when I was checking the status and it said shipped the calendar said shipped. OK then you said I will get credit for it so I probably got a freebie. Well yes I did get the calendar but my yardage was missing from the order. It is not listed on the package slip but in the summary of my orders says shipped. So I'm still paying for the calendar which I did not want. But I did want the yardage. If you did not have the yardage I should then get a credit for the yardage. The calendar was shipped by mistake. I sure hope I explained it so you understand. HELP PLEASE

Comment

Hi Georgie Girl,

I just let our head of customer service know about your situation.

Can you send me your order and contact info directly so she can help take care of you?

Thanks,
              Sam

Comment

OK....on a leap of faith, I placed a daily deal order today including rotary blades. This should not take long to ship.....RIGHT?
                Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shermur View Post
                  OK....on a leap of faith, I placed a daily deal order today including rotary blades. This should not take long to ship.....RIGHT?
                  This is the test! Let's see how they do!

Comment

Drum Roll please!

Comment

I have a question which has stopped me from ordering.

I placed an order 9 Oct. (I had planned on making a Christmas gift with the item) which has still not arrived in full and in that three months have never been contacted about the problem and the expected shipping date. Does M* ever contact people about backorders or hope people forget? I have had 50% of orders have back ordered pieces and never has M* contacted me, for one order I called but do I have to call on ever other order.

Comment

Originally posted by BillNye View Post
                        This is the test! Let's see how they do!
                        It shipped the same day as the order.....now how long will it take to get from Missouri and the horrid path to get to Vermont?
                        Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BillNye View Post
                          Where did you hear 2-3 weeks? We got behind on some, but 2-3 weeks would be really rare
                          Unfortunately, it's not that rare. I placed an order Dec 8th that got shipped on the 22, and arrived the 26th.
                          I didn't complain or tell anyone, because I was to busy, but appearently I'm not alone.
                          Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

Originally posted by Nashtah View Post
                            I have a question which has stopped me from ordering.

I placed an order 9 Oct. (I had planned on making a Christmas gift with the item) which has still not arrived in full and in that three months have never been contacted about the problem and the expected shipping date. Does M* ever contact people about backorders or hope people forget? I have had 50% of orders have back ordered pieces and never has M* contacted me, for one order I called but do I have to call on ever other order.
                            Back orders are kept on a list and then when the manufacturer confirms that we can't reorder the product anymore anything on the back order list gets refunded and you get an email, but there will be times we'll get a run around from the manufacturer for a long time. That's a lot of the intent of this new system we've upgraded to is inventory controls, we've already seen really great improvements in not selling things that we can't find. Fixing overselling is a big initiative for us. The other thing we battle with (and every quilt shop really) is manufacturers will say they send you 15 yards, and it could be 15.5 yards or 14.2 yards or anything in between, they use really old equipment to roll the fabric on bolts, it's very imprecise. We are building systems to check our incoming new bolts and make sure that when we say we get 15 yards, it's actually 15 yards. What we do right now is we record 1 yard less than we get, so if it says 15, we'll record 14, but we also cut an extra inch or two on every cut, so if we sell 14 1 yard cuts, that's another 14-20 inches that are unaccounted for. Or heaven forbid we get 40 quarter yard cuts so building in the system to keep that inventory number accurate at all times is a big initiative for us. But on a positive note, we've got a version 1 of this already running in the new software, you should see back orders on things drop DRAMATICALLY starting now.

Comment

Originally posted by PrettyCurious View Post
                              Unfortunately, it's not that rare. I placed an order Dec 8th that got shipped on the 22, and arrived the 26th.
                              I didn't complain or tell anyone, because I was to busy, but appearently I'm not alone.
                              Sorry about that one, that was right in our ugly time still. I think when things start going well I forget how recently we were struggling. Or maybe we were struggling so long that when we started doing well I was just excited to think about how great things were going to be

Long story short, we'll start seeing a lot more of the same day shipments like shermur saw (so exciting for us to have same day shipments again!)

Comment

I had placed an order on 11/27, no yard goods. Received no communication about the status of the order and only learned of the system problems from the forum. Received a very nice, totally appropriate email on 1/3 telling me the order was not available and was being cancelled, and money refunded, and QC used to say sorry, etc. So you did all right in the end sort of. BUT it is a fundamental problem not to communicate with me after an appropriate time - 10 days, 2 weeks, you decide - to let me know the order is way slow. Two of these items I really needed, and had gotten in the habit of using M* as my primary online resource. I have long since bought them elsewhere, and other items as well including yard goods and got blazing fast results even during the pre-Christmas rush. Like other posters, I'm not trying to trash a good company where I have spent a lot of money through the years. But some of these problems have been present off and on with you and for me, the biggest one of all is JUST TELL ME. I'm glad for you that you think you have the system working again, and best wishes in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X