Seriously Disappointed in Order Handling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seriously Disappointed in Order Handling

"I love MSQC and will continue to order from them, but I have seen many a company go downhill when growing too fast or trying to become too large. I hope that is not the case here."

Where is the agree with you button! I have been around this industry for a long time and have seen it happen many times.
    Trisha
    Coram Deo

Comment

Thanks Bill Nye! I know things will pick up, but it's nice to be kept in the loop. I bet they are feeling great with the out going numbers going up.
      Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
      ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Thanks for listening!

Comment

Well,, now I am sorry I cancelled my recent order. I tried to communicate via contact form, but didn't get response for a few days, so decided to cancel and I'll work on other things. I will say that when I did get a response from Dennis Day it was a pleasant response. I wanted to make that Little Stitches wall hanging and ordered the charm pack and some yardage. Oh well, maybe another time.
          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

My question is: what was the posted info about ordering to allow shipping in time for Christmas? I thought I ordered in time to receive it at my daughter's, but only part of the order had arrived before I left a few days after Christmas. If it was my fault and the 3 week time was posted then, I'll figure it out. It took over 2 weeks to arrive, I know. I'm not sure if everything got there...assumed it did until I read these notes. : )

I've been a fan and it's pretty darn disappointing. I'd ordered a glue and tip to try a new binding technique for a quilt that was ready to finish and that's part of the order I didn't get. I'm almost done with another, still don't have the glue/tip and have decided to drive the 85 miles RT this weekend to buy it.

I definitely think for the people who ordered enough for the white fabric special Black Friday special (not me) should get an offer of a makeup deal. It's really a bad practice to bait and switch like that.

I've also been a fan for a while and hope it gets sorted out.

Comment

I meant close it to additional orders so you could catch up. All would still be working. Sorry for not being clear enough.

Comment

I'm having issues with two orders and am on the brink of cancelling them entirely. I love M* videos and want to support the store, but they just don't seem to be able to run internet sales efficiently. There's just no excuse for letting us order things they don't actually have and then not communicating at all. I sent a PM to Bill Nye as he suggested another user do but I haven't had a response. I will wait another day and then perhaps venture out to a brick-and-mortar store to look for alternates (I live in NYC and we don't have many quilt shops! Have to go into New Jersey or out onto Long Island and it's a schlep.)

Comment

I have placed 3 orders in the last week and 2 have shipped already. Customer service has always been responsive with any inquires. Hopefully, they will get the glitches worked out soon for everyone.

We'll just have to wait for their news

Comment

AstoriaQuilts.....I understand. Living here in Vermont, the LQS availability sucks! There is at least an hour drive to get to a quilt shop worth my time and effort!
                    I would so love to purchase a Supreme Slider, a Ruler foot for my Babylock Jazz and Angela Walter's ruler templates. And, to acquire those few things? Will be a while due to time, money and co operation from the businesses I would need to get these items. I bet if I was in Missouri, it wouldn't be a problem. Here in Vermont, it's a problem!!!!
                    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AstoriaQuilts View Post
                      I'm having issues with two orders and am on the brink of cancelling them entirely. I love M* videos and want to support the store, but they just don't seem to be able to run internet sales efficiently. There's just no excuse for letting us order things they don't actually have and then not communicating at all. I sent a PM to Bill Nye as he suggested another user do but I haven't had a response. I will wait another day and then perhaps venture out to a brick-and-mortar store to look for alternates (I live in NYC and we don't have many quilt shops! Have to go into New Jersey or out onto Long Island and it's a schlep.)
                      I'm replying right now, give me just a second, I'm on it, I'm not AS available now that I'm married with a baby on the way. If you would have got me last year, I was alone with nothing but these internet forums to keep me company, I was much more available then

We had another great day in shipping yesterday, everyone is smiling like they figured something out. It feels good to finally have good news. We're gonna survive!

Comment

Originally posted by BillNye View Post
                        We had another great day in shipping yesterday, everyone is smiling like they figured something out. It feels good to finally have good news. We're gonna survive!
                        That's really good news, M* is special! My mom visited the shops and told me about it--we may go on a retreat there sometime this year. I'm impressed that it's a family company and has grown so fast--not an easy feat.

Comment

I have ordered from MQC several times without any shipping issues. Hopefully things will be cleared up soon. I live in Iowa and also have an hour drive to a decent quilt shop so I enjoy ordering online. I have been to Hamilton to the MQC shops and it makes for a very enjoyable day. Don't give up on them yet...I know I won't

Comment

Bill, I know M* will survive. You're a great company with great people who work there. Just some rumblings going on here (mine included) but we all love M*. Growth is hard and so is change. For us as well as for all of you at M*
                            A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

We've had growing pains with M* shipping in the past but it has always turned out fine. I have every faith it will be back to normal soon. I think it's amazing that the owner of this company keeps an eye on what customers are saying on this forum, and then personally fixes their issues. What other company can you say does this?? Thank you Al...we love you guys!
                              Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Originally posted by BillNye View Post
                                Haha, okay okay, it is on the daily deal page, I had a chat last night with Mike about it. I knew they had that on there during the switch over, I didn't know it was still there. Mike's goal with it was to manage expectations as he went along, we're not shipping three weeks behind right now, that'll come off this weekend. Sorry for not reading my own site before asking a question

I'm all smiles though, yesterday was a huge win in shipping, we almost doubled our record number of orders shipped, made some huge gains, and are picking up steam. It's a good day for our fearless freighters. I'll have more news after the weekend too
                                It now says 1 - 2 week delay.
                                Rescued is my favorite breed.

Comment

Working...
                                X