My squeeky wheel has been oiled.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My squeeky wheel has been oiled.

Okay, to update on my quilt kit with the bad selvedges and missing pieces. Sam, from M*, got in touch with me and he put me in touch with Wendi at M* in customer service. We came to an agreement that she would choose 6 yards of brightly colored fabric to back the quilt and I will donate it to the Shriners. That way I won't have to look at it and be reminded of its imperfections. It was a 2006 copyright from RJR fabrics from their cozy quilt line. I purchased it in June 2017.
    I must say that Wendi bent over backwards making me happy. Now I will wait for the backing to arrive and finish it.
    I feel bad that I gave them the bad press, but yesterday was so frustrating. Just got the wrong person on my email end. They also said they would be having a customer service training session and that they would be contacting RJR to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Re: My squeeky wheel has been oiled.

If ya don't squeak now and then, you never get any grease. And it makes things better for everyone else too.

Comment

Yeah! As long as you are happy, that's the important part. I don't know if RJR can overcome the bad kits, but I'm sure MSQC can up their customer service though. I guess the rep was trying to be optimistic and cheerful when you told them how you tried to overcome the bad kit, but good words only go so far and this is an expensive kit.

Comment

Glad to hear that there is compensation being made. It is going to be a beautiful, bright and cheerful quilt that will make someone very happy.
        Trisha
        Coram Deo

Comment

I knew if someone up the feeding chain in the company found out about the problem it would get settled quickly to your satisfaction.

Every customer service rep (with every company not just M*) has a supervisor ... it could be another hired employee or it could be the owner. There is no reason not to ask to speak with a supervisor if you feel things are not right. Glad Wendi was able to take care of you. I know the M* owners value their customer service reputation and the reps will get a brush up on how important it is to resolve complaints. This may prevent someone going through a similar experience.

In my opinion - always take it a step up the corporate ladder so they know what the problems are. With M* I know they want to know where the problems are so these types of issues can be resolved.

Comment

I'm glad you were able to get things resolved and that you're happy with the outcome. I'll also glad you made it known so that M* can work on the issues. There's no way for them to know what's going on if we don't tell them.
            Cindy

Comment

So glad you got greased. I hate to be placated and talked down to. I'm glad squeaked!

It's generous on M*s part to donate the backing, especially since the quilt is going to be donated to the Shriners!
              Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Glad to see an agreeable resolution to the issue.

Comment

I am so pleased that this worked out for you. I was pretty certain that MSQC would step up to the plate. You had every right to provide criticism for a faulty product. How would they know about it otherwise? I do think they strive for great customer service and knowing about your issue can only help improve it! Thanks for stepping up to the plate!
                  “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                  “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

I knew M* would come through for you.
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good news, Terry. My DH is one to be the squeaky wheel until there is a resolution. He's had numerous go-'rounds with our local newspaper re: getting our paper porched, rather than finding it clear out at the end of the driveway. I'm glad M* came up with a solution that is satisfactory to all. It always pays to move up the chain of command. I've never bought a kit, but maybe it would be a word to the wise to all who do, to examine all pieces of the kit to determine quality & quantity before starting the project. Just like we need to check our pre-cuts for accurate cuts & dimensions.

Comment

I am glad Terri that it all got resolved and everyone is happy.
                        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I felt confident that you would get a better resolution to this issue. Sorry you had to go through the trauma of sewing this thing, though.

Comment

I'm so glad Wendi was able to help you get things sorted out and that you're feeling how much we really do value you.

Like any company, we're made up of individuals, any one of which can be misinformed or insufficiently trained on how to handle the issue that might affect you, but we really appreciate your patience, persistence, and willingness to be vocal here with us to help us improve. We may not get it right the first time every time, but we'll keep striving for it and we'll keep getting better

Also, don't feel bad for the "bad press." We appreciate the honesty and really want to be held accountable so that we're doing the right things the right way. We count on you as our many extra eyes and ears.

-Sam

Comment

I always say, the sign of a good company is when they make a bad situation right.

I've always known that Missouri Star is a good company. And today they proved it!
                              Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Working...
                              X