This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I usually don't complain but....

Terry I totally get your frustration. And I understand why, when you're this far along you don't want to send it back and start again. But I also believe in the integrity of M* and that you really did get a person working from a script. I think, based on the above....they'll make it right and restore your faith. Please come back and update this thread when they do. We all wanna see a happy ending here!
    sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Did you ever visit "Jordan fabrics"? They have wonderful pre cut kits and the fabric is absolutely precision cut.

Comment

That is such a shame this happened to you! I trust though that MSQC will make it right. They have a Huge following and reputation to uphold. If they don't contact you as a followup, you should definitely pursue it more with them. You're right - their kits are rather expensive, so they should make it correct. fyi - I've purchased a few kits from Craftsy and they are very reasonable (especially their sales) and I haven't had any problems.
        I am Sew Blessed!
        Alina

Comment

Here is a picture of the selvedge edges on some of the blocks.selvedges.jpg
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
            Here is a picture of the selvedge edges on some of the blocks.[ATTACH=CONFIG]145868[/ATTACH]
            wow that's weird. I get that it's RJR but if purchased an item from a store say Kohls you would take it back to Kohls even though they actually didn't make it. If M* doesn't give you any satisfaction contact RJD directly. I contacted Moda regarding 10 " squares that were cut on an angle and they sent me new ones. Same thing with Pellon which I did purchase as Joanns but Pellon replaced the whole bolt.

Comment

Hopefully this will be a learning experience for the customer service people. The response you got from was not an acceptable one. It is also too bad that it had to be aired out publicly here on the forum before they decided to make this right.
              Trisha
              Coram Deo

Comment

I was looking at a kit just today and thinking I might order it tonight. Well not now! Think I'll see how this all plays out.

Comment

Okay, my squeaky wheel has been oiled and I have posted a post to explain it all. BUT, should you read this one first, heres what has transpired.
                  Sam contacted me early this morning and I gave him my email address. He in turn, gave it to Wendi and she emailed me and offered me $10 in quilter cash. I told her that was much better than the offer I got yesterday, but that $94 for the kit was a big purchase for me and I had intended this quilt for resale but the quality isn't there and I would not be comfortable selling it. So It will be a donation quilt. I told her what I really wanted was enough fabric to back the quilt.
                  She called me tonight at 6pm edt and we agreed that she can pick out the fabric as long as it is a bright color I will be happy. So now, I will wait for it to arrive so I can finish this quilt.
                  Yes, it is a shame that I had to post this publicly to get it resolved but they are also going to have a customer service training session and contact RJR and let them know about the quality control issue. So all in all, it will be good. We are still very blessed to have a company like M* that provides us with this forum (where Most of my friends reside) and gives us the opportunity to air our positives and negatives.
                  LLLinda, order the kit! I'm certain it will be perfect! And to the rest of you...thank you for encouraging me to pursue this although, if Sam hadn't reached out, I might just have let it go. I am not a confrontational person but I do believe in doing the right thing.
                  So, I believe they are trying to do the right thing.
                  Terry

Comment

I had a similar experience with M* customer service. I phoned in to speak to someone personally about a problem with an order. I was brushed off & told I could return the wrong fabric at my expense for a refund. This wasn't an option as the cost to ship it back was more than the fabric cost. I emailed my complaint & with no reply or explanation they shipped me the correct fabric. Keep trying you are right to be disappointed.

Comment

Thanks for the update Terry! I knew in my heart of hearts they'd find a way to make this right. I think in a situation where the fabric's been used, the quilt's been made, the time's been spent, you're heart's been invested, it's just hard to make it right. But they've done their best and that's what counts. The thing about the selvage makes me shake my head, because Jenny is always telling us to trim those! I wonder what she would have said if she'd heard about this little mess.....

Anyway, thanks for getting back!
                      sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Selvages shrink about twice as much as the rest of the fabric too.

Comment

Wow, doesn't sound like M*. I hope they are not getting to "large" to be as accommodating as I have experienced. So sorry for your problem, that is frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by alliek View Post
                            Wow, doesn't sound like M*. I hope they are not getting to "large" to be as accommodating as I have experienced. So sorry for your problem, that is frustrating.
                            Be sure to read post about how this was resolved
                            Terry

Comment

This issue has been resolved so I am going to turn off commenting and direct readers to the resolution thread as some don't read all comments.

https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sh...ad.php?t=72447
                              K is for Karen 😊​..................
                              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                              T - is it TRUE?
                              H - is it HELPFUL?
                              I - is it INSPIRING?
                              N - is it NECESSARY?
                              K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by snippet View Post
                                I'd ask them to send you a duplicate from which you can take the fabrics that are cut wrong or missing. Then you can send them the remaining fabric and the pieces that are incorrect, even if they are sewn.

That is really frustrating. I'd be angry and it would make me stop buying from them too. You paid a lot of money and the kit needs to contain everything it says - and good quality, not selvages!
                                We definitely wouldn't blame anyone for being frustrated with the problems with the contents of Terry's kit. The kits come from our vendors, who in most cases send them to us fully assembled. We plan on doing more to make sure the quality of kits is improved, both by performing more random checks of kit contents and speaking directly to the vendors. It's not perfect, and some sub-standard items can still slip through the cracks, but we're definitely going to focus on improving things so it happens even less.

When things like this do happen, our policy is to try and help satisfy the customer on our end, since we sold you the item, and then we can take it up with the vendor.

Comment

Working...
                                X