This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually don't complain but....

I usually don't complain but today I sent m an email. I was not going to tell my forum friends because I really thought m would figure out a solution, but they pretty much just patted me on the head and said better luck next time.
    So here's the story. I ordered my first quilt kit ever. I thought it was a lot of money, even on sale! I decided last week to put my Shriners quilts on hold and piece something just because. It was all cut out. I followed the directions which told me to snowball(not the patterns word) each strip in opposite directions. I did. Then I ironed and sorted into color piles. Then into block piles. That's when I noticed I was missing one 6 inch strip and one 41\2in. Background and one 2 q\2 inch background.oh well, I can make one from my stash.
    Now I'm sewing and turning them right sides together and at least 30 percent of the strips were cut with the selvedge edge as part of the strip.now, even though it won't show, I can feel it. They are rougher than the rest of the fabric.
    So, I took a picture of one of the edges and sent it explaining my disappointment.also mentioned I had to make the other pieces from my stash. Of course my background pieces are not a good match.
    So the email I get in return tells me I can return the kit and they will send another. I emailed back and told them I was too far along to do that. The next reply complemented me on my creativity in making it work!!!!
    I guess I thought... And maybe that's my integrety thinking, that they would offer free shipping on my next order or a little quilter cash or couple of strips of matching fabric! But no!, She said they would try to "strive going forward, to present you with on!y the best in fabric and customer service".
    I'm not sure I can remain a loyal customer and continue to tell other people to shop here. Lord knows I write their website down for two or three people a week.
    End rant!!
    Last edited by grammaterry; August 15, 2017, 06:13 PM.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Re: I usually don't complain but....

Mercy! At least the party complimented you... I guess.

It's better than I got this morning. I was emailed by Robert at Express Vitals that I was ignorant and had a lot to learn... Needless to say the note I wrote about their lack customer service wasn't well received.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Did M* put together the kit? or did they buy the kit from a supplier? I have never had 2.5" strips that had selvedge on the sides, only on the ends. How disappointing to be so far along with the project to discover this problem. I have never bought a kit from anyone. It seems like they ought to make it right. It sounds like you communicated with an insensitive person. Maybe try again with someone else? Would it help to actually talk to someone in person on the phone? I feel your disappointment.

Comment

Did M* put together the kit? or did they buy the kit from a supplier?
        Shouldn't make any difference. They SOLD it and should make it right.

Comment

There's nothing that says you can't continue the dialog. How about replying to the email with more specific information.

Tell them that you appreciate the compliment about solving the problem but it was still a problem for you to resolve. Tell them you wanted customer service to bring the problem to the attention of management involved in quality control regarding the kit shortage. And then, since you were too far along with the project to re-start with a new kit could they check with a Customer Service MANAGER offer some sort of other compensation and tell them the alternatives you mentioned above.

Sometimes you really need to kick the attention nicely up to another level. I've never had to handle it this way with M* ... but it's successfully worked with another company. HTH

Comment

You might all be right. I am so over this quilt now that I just want to finish assembling it and give it away! I had sort of thought of keeping it but it would always be distasteful to me.
            Terry

Comment

Ditto to Judy USMC. M Star should make it right. Put the pieces away until you receive the replacement/missing fabric. AND they should send enough that you do not have to rip out pieces but make new blocks. OR REFUND your money in full. I'm sorry that you have had this experience.
              Diana Grey

Comment

Terry, so sorry and disappointed along with you. I DO agree that M* should make it right, not just try to "appease" you. A lot of your $ goes into the purchase of that kit in good faith. When they make you feel that you have been "written off" it is definitely disheartening. Boos to M* for this particular Customer Service Opportunity to make things right. Wonder what anybody else who purchased this kit experienced??
                A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Wow, this is really a shame. I'll bet though, that if you persist with M* you will have an opportunity to resolve this more favorably. Remember, people at the front lines follow a script and can't vary from it. Thanks for sharing this story, because I don't think I would check every piece of a kit before starting to sew, but now that I have read your experience I will definitely check any future kit purchases very carefully.

Comment

Ooh wow, would I be mad!!! I have never done a kit but I know lots of people get them and then life or other projects get in the way so they don't even start the kit for a year or two. By then the kit and matching fabric would no longer even be available. I think you should complain some more to M, if for no other reason than to get some satisfaction from them agreeing to make amends in some way or other. They owe you, this was not your fault. Let us know what happens please.

Comment

I'd ask them to send you a duplicate from which you can take the fabrics that are cut wrong or missing. Then you can send them the remaining fabric and the pieces that are incorrect, even if they are sewn.

That is really frustrating. I'd be angry and it would make me stop buying from them too. You paid a lot of money and the kit needs to contain everything it says - and good quality, not selvages!

Comment

Grammaterry,

I'm so sorry for the frustrating experience the kit has given you and even more sorry we didn't do more to make it right when you were patient and reached out to us. It must be such a let down when you've worked so hard on a project and spent a lot of time and money on it, only to feel like it's not going to come together like it should, through no fault of your own.

I've contacted our head of customer service and asked her to follow up with you ASAP.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'll make it right for you and make sure we do better for you and other customers going forward.

-Sam

Comment

I hope find a good solution to this. I would be very unhappy with this too. I hope they will solve the problem for you.

Comment

I hope this Sam person really does have customer service contact me! I think I'll wait and see for a day! I would feel so much better if they took the initiative as the company I've come to know and respect
                            Terry

Comment

Thought about this reading all the replies and I am still trying to figure out how they cut the strips with the salvage on the side. Since you obviously received a defective kit they should offer you a kit of equal value or whatever the cost of the kit in quilters cash.

Comment

Working...
                              X