X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cashs_mom
    replied
    Re: Help me match

i don't even try to match online. It's just too difficult. I buy individual fabrics and then use my stash or match at the LQS.

Leave a comment:

• snippet
    replied

I agree, it's a pain to match when you are doing it online. I guess that's why so many prefer to shop in person so they can see the bolts and match easier. I like the convenience of online shopping though.

MSQC used to have a selection of matching fabrics at the bottom of the page. Sometimes I see it, but sometimes I don't. Their blog was a big help too. They had Precut Tuesday and showed different solids that coordinated with a new precut. Sadly, their blog is a repeat of their YouTube tutorials and Quilting Snips so I rarely read the blog anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Alpha O
    replied

Some of us rip off the selvedge and use it to tie up newspapers, etc. I rip to make sure I have straight of grain. I either use a scrap of fabric and I have some old Pantone color swatches. They will give another color that might be suitable.

I also rip crosswise. Some bolts and cutting clerks are so far off you can't trust the cut. This applies to all stores.

Leave a comment:

• Sylvia H
    replied

The colored dots are great when you have the fabric in hand, but I think the poster was referring to trying to match online purchases.

Leave a comment:

• LindaKay75
    replied

I go with what Bubba said. If you look at the selvage it will show you color dots that will go with that fabric. I have problems coordinating colors so that really helps me a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

If you buy here they usually have several colors that match a fabric if you scroll down. I think with panels your on your own with the dots like Pat said. Try this tool...

http://blog.modafabrics.com/palette-builder/

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

Doesn't it have the little colored dots on the selvage? Those are one way to do it. Look for colors with the same dot #.

Leave a comment:

• Laxmama
    started a topic Help me match

Help me match

Wouldn't it be cool if when you pick out a fabric or panel it automatically shows which other fabrics match in color. I always have trouble matching on line
Working...
X