Help me match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me match

Wouldn't it be cool if when you pick out a fabric or panel it automatically shows which other fabrics match in color. I always have trouble matching on line

Re: Help me match

Doesn't it have the little colored dots on the selvage? Those are one way to do it. Look for colors with the same dot #.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

If you buy here they usually have several colors that match a fabric if you scroll down. I think with panels your on your own with the dots like Pat said. Try this tool...

http://blog.modafabrics.com/palette-builder/
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

I go with what Bubba said. If you look at the selvage it will show you color dots that will go with that fabric. I have problems coordinating colors so that really helps me a lot.
        sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Comment

The colored dots are great when you have the fabric in hand, but I think the poster was referring to trying to match online purchases.
          If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Some of us rip off the selvedge and use it to tie up newspapers, etc. I rip to make sure I have straight of grain. I either use a scrap of fabric and I have some old Pantone color swatches. They will give another color that might be suitable.

I also rip crosswise. Some bolts and cutting clerks are so far off you can't trust the cut. This applies to all stores.

Comment

I agree, it's a pain to match when you are doing it online. I guess that's why so many prefer to shop in person so they can see the bolts and match easier. I like the convenience of online shopping though.

MSQC used to have a selection of matching fabrics at the bottom of the page. Sometimes I see it, but sometimes I don't. Their blog was a big help too. They had Precut Tuesday and showed different solids that coordinated with a new precut. Sadly, their blog is a repeat of their YouTube tutorials and Quilting Snips so I rarely read the blog anymore.

Comment

i don't even try to match online. It's just too difficult. I buy individual fabrics and then use my stash or match at the LQS.
                Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight, Rocketeer

Comment

Working...
                X