MSQC thread search problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSQC thread search problems

I thinK there's something wrong with your inventory DB or something in the html - I can never get just MSQC thread to show up, or if it does appear it's just the box, not all of the thread you offer.

For example, I go to the Notions & Supplies link, click on Thread and this is what shows up:
    https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...ct_Type=Thread

Screenshot_2016-11-18-07-58-05.jpg

BUT! (and I just tried this - tricky on my tablet to click the submenu fast enough) If I click Notions & Supplies and select Thread & Accessories in the dropdown menu instead of allowing the page to default load the All Notions page, I CAN see more MSQC thread:

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/browse/6486

Screenshot_2016-11-18-08-04-17.jpg

I really really love y'all thread and it would be awesome if I could get to it easier!

Re: MSQC thread search problems

Bumping this up - hope that is ok?

I still have the same problem trying to find thread using my tablet. It's much easier on a full computer (I'm using a laptop now). But I am almost always browsing MSQC on my tablet and really have a hard time clicking on the sub-menu for Notions & Supplies fast enough to click "Thread & Accessories" before the whole "Quilting Notions - showing 3,010 results" (or whatever the current number is). And for whatever reason, individual spools of MSQC thread aren't in those 3000 items

Comment

Originally posted by AMG View Post
      I thinK there's something wrong with your inventory DB or something in the html - I can never get just MSQC thread to show up, or if it does appear it's just the box, not all of the thread you offer.

For example, I go to the Notions & Supplies link, click on Thread and this is what shows up:
      https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...ct_Type=Thread

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137230[/ATTACH]

BUT! (and I just tried this - tricky on my tablet to click the submenu fast enough) If I click Notions & Supplies and select Thread & Accessories in the dropdown menu instead of allowing the page to default load the All Notions page, I CAN see more MSQC thread:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137231[/ATTACH]

I really really love y'all thread and it would be awesome if I could get to it easier!

Can you click on the brand MSQC in there?

Comment

On the 2nd link I posted, yes, I can get to the MSQC thread easily. BUT I can't easily get to that link when clicking the sub-menu from the Notions & Supplies menu, so the whole Notions menu comes up and something is preventing the MSQC thread inventory from being included in the search results.

My guess is that it's some limitation in the code or database because the submenu Thread & Suoolies captures the MSQC inventory just fine, but the total items returned is about half of the 3000 in the main Notions & Supplies menu's search return.

It wouldn't really be too much of an issue if the submenu list would hang a bit longer so I could click on the submenu - I suspect that's sometime to do with the Chrome browser on my tablet because I have no problem clicking it in Chrome on my laptop

Comment

I've had trouble with that same search function, and what makes me mad about it is that I can't remember from one time to the next what the work around is!

Also, as long as we are on the topic of Search functions that don't - search yardage for Words, Numbers - you get a null result.

Comment

AMG, I see it now, if I click on the notions link on the nav bar, then choose thread as the product type, there is only 1 item left in the MSQC brand selection. Not a limitation, just an oversight, let me get that fixed! great find!!

Comment

Fantastic!!!! THANK YOU I was afraid I was going nutty, lol

I love MSQC thread - colors are gorgeous, price is fabulous, very low lint, no breakage. AND now I'll be able to find it

Comment

It's me again!

I'm having a really hard time with finding thread

The original issue I posted looks all fixed - I can see what I expect when I narrow my selections for just MSQC thread.

Today something different is happening. I need purple thread. I go to Notions & Supplies | Quilting Thread &Accessories

Product Type | Thread shows 1300 items, yay!

But the color selections don't reflect that - white/off white has 6 and I know y'all have more than 6 options for white thread, lol

So, if I check a color, the only brand displayed is MSQC - we'll played! LOL

I hope that makes sense. Here's a screenshot from the link above - I haven't checked any boxes to narrow the search.

Screenshot_2017-06-30-06-41-22.jpg

And if I select Purple only MSQC shows, even though I haven't selected just that brand
                https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...urple%2BFabric
                Screenshot_2017-06-30-06-47-39.jpg

Now, don't get me wrong - MSQC thread is my first choice, but Im afraid you don't have the purple shade I'm looking for and I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong in my searching.

Comment

Well I went to do a search just to see what you are talking about and all I got was the storage box. Good thing I don't need thread.

Comment

Originally posted by AMG View Post
                    It's me again!

I'm having a really hard time with finding thread

The original issue I posted looks all fixed - I can see what I expect when I narrow my selections for just MSQC thread.

Today something different is happening. I need purple thread. I go to Notions & Supplies | Quilting Thread &Accessories

Product Type | Thread shows 1300 items, yay!

But the color selections don't reflect that - white/off white has 6 and I know y'all have more than 6 options for white thread, lol

So, if I check a color, the only brand displayed is MSQC - we'll played! LOL

I hope that makes sense. Here's a screenshot from the link above - I haven't checked any boxes to narrow the search.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]144489[/ATTACH]

And if I select Purple only MSQC shows, even though I haven't selected just that brand
                    https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...urple%2BFabric
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]144490[/ATTACH]

Now, don't get me wrong - MSQC thread is my first choice, but Im afraid you don't have the purple shade I'm looking for and I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong in my searching.
                    You are the best!!!! Thank you for being so thoughtful and thorough! I just tried typing thread in the search bar and it is not the result I would have expected, we're gonna try and completely rebuild the experience starting with thread and see if we can't get that much more helpful. Thank you for this starting point!

Comment

AMG, you should get a paycheck next week!

Comment

I work in customer support & I know it can be frustrating to hear "it doesn't work" I must say that I did get a chuckle out of just the MSQC thread showing up when it ws the opposite before. I also know how hard it can be to debug - good luck!

Comment

I spent a long time last night trying to find the MSQC thread and could not get to it by searching. I finally went back through my many many orders and found the thread I ordered and clicked on it. so I know the thread is still on the site. I love the MSQC thread and hope to see the search function fixed soon

Comment

Hi Carolyn- Thanks for bringing this up. We've added some tagging for our thread, so if you search for thread now you should get much better results. We also know that we need to improve our search overall. Right now, our tech team is focused more on back end stuff, but we're excited to spend more time here soon. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                            X