Why Oh Why!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Oh Why!!!

Why do they ship UPS and switch to USPS. It gets delivered to the local post office and then who know when it will get here.
    Last time the Post Office returned it and UPS was good enough to deliver it any way.
    Of course that took an extra week or so.
    I wish they would just leave the post office out of the mix. It got to town today and was delivered to the Post Office.
    Just have to see when the Post office gets it here.
    mumble! grumble!.

Re: Why Oh Why!!!

Shipping is so expensive...I suppose everyone is looking for a way to cut some of their costs and probably this symbiotic relationship with UPS and USPS is one of those cost elements. That being said, I'm with you...it does't seem consumer efficient
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

I ordered one item on Oct 19th....the Block bookazine. Look at all the towns/cities it has been through since Wednesday. Unreal....should it take up to four days? And, the shipment past by me twice - the first time going south to Little Rock and 2nd time back up north to Fayetteville. I don't think it matters how it would get shipped to my location. It has to do with how much USPS has cut cost in closing sorting facilities. Now UPS could be suffering the same issues?

So unless I find a local quilt shop that has ordered the Block bookazine through MSQC wholesale (I have looked within a 20 mile radius)...unfortunately, no one carries the Block...I have to wait for the UPS/USPS system to get my order to me in a slow fashion!

Updated Delivery Day: Saturday, October 22, 2016
      Product & Tracking Information
      Postal Product:
      First-Class Package Service
      Features:
      USPS Tracking®
      *October 22, 2016 , 5:39 am
      Arrived at Post Office
      FORT SMITH, AR 72908
      Your item arrived at the Post Office at 5:39 am on October 22, 2016 in FORT SMITH, AR 72908.

*October 21, 2016 , 6:34 pm
      Arrived at USPS Facility
      FORT SMITH, AR 72903

*October 21, 2016 , 52 pm
      Departed USPS Facility
      FAYETTEVILLE, AR 72701

*October 21, 2016 , 11:21 am
      Arrived at USPS Facility
      FAYETTEVILLE, AR 72701

*October 21, 2016 , 7:52 am
      Departed USPS Facility
      LITTLE ROCK, AR 72206

*October 20, 2016 , 5:24 pm
      Arrived at USPS Destination Facility
      LITTLE ROCK, AR 72206

*October 20, 2016 , 3:17 pm
      Arrived at USPS Facility
      LITTLE ROCK, AR 72231

*October 20, 2016 , 5:49 am
      Arrived at USPS Facility
      KANSAS CITY, MO 64121

*October 20, 2016 , 3:24 am
      Departed USPS Facility
      KANSAS CITY, KS 66106

*October 19, 2016 , 115 pm
      Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
      KANSAS CITY, KS 66106

*October 19, 2016 , 9:50 pm
      Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
      HAMILTON, MO 64644

*October 19, 2016 , 3:34 pm
      Shipment Picked Up
      HAMILTON, MO 64644
      Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

I've been very satisfied with USPS delivery of my M* items. Only one pkg. mistakenly went off to CA, then back to CO, & that was because they used a large USED box which didn't have the address of the batiks business crossed off the side of the box. It finally arrived; the box was damaged. Fortunately, my merchandise was ok. I e-m'd pics back to M* & told them what happened.

Comment

I have had great service with UPS. Not so great with the UPS then USPS switch. Fortunately, the last two shipments stayed with UPS and arrived in a timely fashion. In the past, the packages that switched to USPS took an extra week to arrive.

Jeannette

Comment

Aww, I'm so sorry yor having delays. Even with the post office in the mix I have been getting orders super quick - like within 2 days and before I have had time to casually mention to DH that a pkg is coming.....again!

Comment

That's horrible. Too bad we don't get "mileage rewards" for all that traveling!
              Liz

Comment

I'm still waiting for a order of yarn from an online shop that I have used several times with no issues. I ordered on 25 Sept and as of today, I'm still waiting. They too use the UPS to post office service. The company sent me the tracking number which only tracks it to the post office in New York on 07 Oct. After that, the tracking number is useless. I usually have my package from them in 3 weeks, but here I sit. We don't have domestic UPS here, so transfer to our postal system is the way it has to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Muriel View Post
                  Why do they ship UPS and switch to USPS. It gets delivered to the local post office and then who know when it will get here.
                  Last time the Post Office returned it and UPS was good enough to deliver it any way.
                  Of course that took an extra week or so.
                  I wish they would just leave the post office out of the mix. It got to town today and was delivered to the Post Office.
                  Just have to see when the Post office gets it here.
                  mumble! grumble!.
                  It did arrive in an timely matter this time. However it would have gotten here quicker with just Ups delivery.
                  As a whole I think MS does a great job shipping I just was wondering why the switchover.

Comment

Free shipping day! I took advantage of the $ 40.00 order status....no fabric of any kind ordered. Let's see how long it takes.....

• Order PlacedOct 26, 2016
                    • Total$40.95
                    • StatusPrinted

Order Items

Large Dresden Plate Template for 10" Squares

Got a Feeling Pattern for Abbey Lane Quilts

Thimblepad Leather Adhesive Thimble for Colonial Needle Company

Blue Jay Way Pattern for Abbey Lane Quilts
                    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

It is my understanding that UPS determines if USPS gets our package or not... MSQC doesn't have a voice in that, they just contract with UPS. Where exactly can you get anything shipped for $5.00. I bet they could arrange other shipping for you if you wanted to pay more. Check the tracking number on your order and you can know exactly when and from whom it will be delivered. You can call your local post office to check on your order. I hope this is helpful. But the UPS site is where I got this information.

Comment

Working...
                      X