USPS...what a pain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USPS...what a pain!

I had a feeling I would experience an issue ordering from up north...again. 3rd order for the Golden Star promo has not made it. I ordered on the 7th, it shipped on the 9th! So far, so good, right?

My order shipped via UPS, then transferred to USPS on Aug 12th. Granted, my package went to Kansas City, KS; then to Lenexa, KS; then to Springdale, AR; then to Little Rock, AR; then to Russellville, AR...then landed in Fort Smith, AR crappy postal chaos. Tracking states my package was delivered? It may have been delivered, but it wasn't at my address; and the other crappy part? you have to wait 7 days after the shipping date to file a Missing Mail Disclaimer. I was terribly upset when I didn't receive my package yesterday like I supposed to.....

IT's so confusing; I can order quilting items/fabric from Utah, Tennessee, Texas and not have near the issue I have from The KC area. Granted, it is the USPS issue and that there is no sorting facility in my area. Not sure what to do at this point.....
    Last edited by shermur; August 14, 2016, 06:06 AM.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Re: USPS...what a pain!

I only live 2 hours from M* and orders take at least a week to get here because of "SurePost". It starts out UPS and takes forever to get out of the KC area and then goes to St. Louis where it seems to go round and round and then finally gets shipped to northeast Missouri and gets passed from UPS to USPS. The tracking will say it's been delivered but that just means it's been delivered to the PO. It may take a day or two before it shows up in my box! So, yours may arrive yet. I've always gotten it - and I keep ordering!!
    Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

I have had mixed experiences ordering from MSQC. Most of my packages arrive quickly, one time I ordered a DD AND GOT IT IN 24 hours! The one time the shipping was bad was on an order that had fabric I needed to finish a quilt for a play. Definitely a specific time when that needed to be finished! That one spun around the postal system for 10 days!

Comment

I wonder if M is aware of this. I wonder if they could become a fed x shipper. I understand their rates are really good if you have lots of volume
        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
        Terry

Comment

The USPS is rapidly becoming another Bermuda Triangle...........

Comment

I order from FatQuarter shop shipping via USPS. My orders arrive in Brazil quickly and in three years not one lost or damaged package. Now getting thru Brazilian customs and the to my local post office can take 2 or 3 months. Then local PO has to send me an arrival note and I can go pay the tax and finally get my package . And after all that wait I have to remember just why I ordered that fabric.
            "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
            Hillary Clinton

Comment

As long as I'm not ordering anything live (like chickens or plants) I don't keep track of how long it takes to get here. Never had anything lost in the mail yet. That I know of, anyway.
              "Patience, Grasshopper."

Comment

The last order I placed never made it to my house either. I emailed M* a few times, never heard back. Contacted the post office....report said it was delivered. Mailman has no recollection of it ever being in his hands, so here I sit w/no fabric and out the $$......
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I've researched the delivery problem I was having. My order will arrive at the UPS station early in the morning but they don't take it to the Postal sorting facility until just before closing. The next day it's at the sorting facility where it's put into a bin to be taken to the local Post Office. Then it depends on when the bin is sent and arrives at my local post office. If it's early enough I may get it that day ... but usually the mail has already been sorted for delivery it may not be sorted and given to the carrier until the next day.

So 1 day UPS hold; 1 day at the facility where it is sorted to my local post office; 1 day at the local post office to be sorted to my carrier; and then delivered to me. It's extremely frustrating for me because the UPS facility is about 1 1/2 miles from my house. I've already expressed that I would pay extra just to have UPS deliver directly to me if I need it quickly. I have one package coming soon and I think I will put in an intercept request and have them hold it at UPS so I can just go and pick it up.

UPS could decrease the time by not waiting until the end of the day to deliver it ... and save another day by taking it to the local post office for sorting to my delivery person. I'm sure Sure Post is very beneficial for rural delivery ... but it just delays the delivery for me.

Comment

I just hope they don't start using Fedex. I have so many problems with them. Specifically drivers who decide they don't want get out of their trucks to deliver to an apartment complex and just tape "you weren't home" notices on the building's door. Or insist on a signature on a package that doesn't require it. Or claim they can't find the address when the same driver successfully delivered a packages to the same apartment complex the day before. Or return packages without any attempt at delivery (had that happen a couple times.) Calling Fedex to complain is useless because they always believe the driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Judy, USMC View Post
                      I have one package coming soon and I think I will put in an intercept request and have them hold it at UPS so I can just go and pick it up.
                      Well, I tried to do an intercept "hold for pickup" but UPS policy doesn't allow it!

Here's the UPS policy link. It does admit it will take another day or two after they deliver it to the postal service.
                      https://ups6.custhelp.com/app/answer.../682,1094,1099

I think I'll call Missouri Star in the morning and see if they can change it to "hold for pickup."

Comment

You guys will be stoked to know we have a 2 day express shipping that we're testing with a few zip codes, with plans on rolling out nationwide over the next several months. It'll be a way to skip the surepost madness if you need your order asap

Comment

I have consistently had long waits with anything sent by UPS SUREpost. I sent a PM to Al with specific tracking examples comparing delivery times between USPS - always 2 days no matter where it comes from - and Sure post. NO response. So, I will no longer order anything I need in a hurry from M* - just can't rely on it to get here in a reasonable time.
                          Donna

Comment

Originally posted by BillNye View Post
                            You guys will be stoked to know we have a 2 day express shipping that we're testing with a few zip codes, with plans on rolling out nationwide over the next several months. It'll be a way to skip the surepost madness if you need your order asap
                            But at what cost? Express shipping by any carrier is costly! I always get USPS packages two days after they are mailed - doesn't matter where from.
                            Donna

Comment

Originally posted by Judy, USMC View Post
                              I've researched the delivery problem I was having. My order will arrive at the UPS station early in the morning but they don't take it to the Postal sorting facility until just before closing. The next day it's at the sorting facility where it's put into a bin to be taken to the local Post Office. Then it depends on when the bin is sent and arrives at my local post office. If it's early enough I may get it that day ... but usually the mail has already been sorted for delivery it may not be sorted and given to the carrier until the next day.

So 1 day UPS hold; 1 day at the facility where it is sorted to my local post office; 1 day at the local post office to be sorted to my carrier; and then delivered to me. It's extremely frustrating for me because the UPS facility is about 1 1/2 miles from my house. I've already expressed that I would pay extra just to have UPS deliver directly to me if I need it quickly. I have one package coming soon and I think I will put in an intercept request and have them hold it at UPS so I can just go and pick it up.

UPS could decrease the time by not waiting until the end of the day to deliver it ... and save another day by taking it to the local post office for sorting to my delivery person. I'm sure Sure Post is very beneficial for rural delivery ... but it just delays the delivery for me.
                              This is exactly the problem. My Surepost parcels make at least 3 stops between Kansas City and Jacksonville FL. It takes 24 hours for them to move down the road to Lakeland (2 hour drive). It then takes another 18 hours for them to be transferred to my local post office which is about 12 miles from the Lakeland Hub. And, of course, UPS does not take them to the Post Office until 11 am - long after the carriers have hit the streets for the day. Unacceptable. Oh, and don't forget, UPS stops work on Friday Evening and everything shuts down until Monday morning.
                              Donna

Comment

Working...
                              X