Long time customer.........lot's of recent issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long time customer.........lot's of recent issues

I have been a long time MSQC customer. I have ALWAYS received wonderful, prompt customer service. My previous orders have always been shipped within a matter of days and at MOST I have my items in my hand in 10 days.

Sadly, this is not the experience I have had with my last two orders. In fact, both were ordered a week ago and neither have shipped yet. I sent an email enquiry last week and received no response. One of these orders was over 240.00.

I would to lose MSQC as a quilting resource. I hope these issues are not signs of things that are going to be ongoing issues.

Re: Long time customer.........lot's of recent issues

I wonder if there is some sort of emergency going on there.

I too have not had a call or email after leaving messages two days in a row and sending an email.

What's up MSQC?
    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

I too received an order with an item missing. I have emailed numerous times with no replies. I have ordered numerous times with no problems, but this time I can not get any customer service.

Comment

I want to book my bed for the fall get together. Two of us for three nights. That adds up.
        ;)Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by Loonwatcher View Post
          I want to book my bed for the fall get together. Two of us for three nights. That adds up.
          You might try emailing [email protected] or maybe it's [email protected], that should flag it so that it goes directly to Little Jean.

Wait!!! Nevermind those emails above, found this in another post that Little Jean made ... "Post your questions below or contact me directly at [email protected]"
          Last edited by K. McEuen; April 12, 2014, 05:59 PM.
          K is for Karen 😊​..................
          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Comment

I've seen this happen with other companies that have grown very quickly. With the new retreat center, warehouse, seasonal shop and 2 restaurants they have their hands full. Add to that the media exposure and their customer base has also expanded. I can see that by the number of new forum members.

Too bad that something has slipped and customer service has slipped. I heard that they have put on a night crew to fill orders. Maybe the best move would be for them to hire a full time customer service rep (or 2) to answer the phone and monitor the emails. Hate to see them get a bad reputation from dissatisfied customers.

Comment

Once the new warehouse is finished I imagine the turnaround time on orders will go back down. Right now the place they have is small and the yardage is in the store, so if an order contains precuts and yardage it has to be filled from two different places.

They have hired on a second crew to answer emails and they are working as quickly as possible. The amount of email they receive daily can't be handled by one or two people, and it is coming in almost constantly. I think more than half of it has to do with the magazine. Hopefully once they get a couple more issues under their belt that will start going more smoothly for them.
              K is for Karen 😊​..................
              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
              T - is it TRUE?
              H - is it HELPFUL?
              I - is it INSPIRING?
              N - is it NECESSARY?
              K - is it KIND?

Comment

I love MStar and I totally understand their growing pains....
                yet my order has taken quite a while too.

Comment

It's very noticeable on this forum. Every time there is a another mention in the news, TV, mag...there is a influx of new folks on the forum. In business terms, I don't even know how you prepare for that onslaught of orders and it's interest from all over the world. I assume they are hiring as fast as they can...which in itself must be a nightmare, considering the lack of customer skills that seems to be the norm these days and the training involved to just get an order correct and the cutting of fabric and a small town only has so many people to hire. Now that I think of it....wow.

Anyways, you need to understand you are not ordering from Amazon Prime and the girl handling your order might have just started 15 min ago. BUT the other thing is, I totally expect it will all settle down in good time. So, here's my advice; Don't panic and share your bananas.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Karen. I'll try to email Little Jean directly.
                    ;)Nancy

Comment

Since I've never ordered anything that I needed right away I've not been concerned about delays. I agree with Slokarma and I feel sure they are doing their best to manage the growth of their company and still provide good customer service. In my area, there will be 600+ jobs lost between June and Dec due to a factory closure. We'd love to have a growing company like MSQC here, warts and all.

BTW, the MSNBC segment on MSCQ is scheduled to air on Sunday, May 4th. Get ready for more members and more customers.
                      *~* Myrna *~*
                      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

While I too understand their growing pains (and will happily wait it out while they sort it out) I think the key is communication. And that is lacking here. All they have to do is let their customers know that things are a bit backed up right now and that they expect things to smooth out shortly.

When communication is lacking, folks will fill in the blanks themselves (and not always nicely), get annoyed, frustrated and eventually walk away (and some will do a lot of bad-mouthing before they walk). To make matters worse, I'm reading a lot of "no one answers the phone" and "no one returns my calls" and of course "my orders are taking way too long to be a) confirmed and b) received. Now I'm starting to hear more and more "parts of my order were missing or wrong".

Uh oh. We are on a slippery slope here folks. But truly the answer is -- communicate. When I worked as a vet tech, if we got held up with a patient and others had to wait past their appointment time because of it, if I did not go out and inform them of what was going on and why we were running behind, they would get very frustrated and angry and often times walk out. BUT . . . if I went out and explained the situation in a timely manner (meaning I didn't wait a half hour or more to inform them, I got out there as quickly as I could BEFORE they got angry and frustrated), almost without fail, they would instantly relax and be totally understanding and wait patiently for us to finish and then get them into a room.

The same thing here. MSQC just needs to let folks know as plainly and clearly as they can that they are running behind (and why) and most folks will be understanding and a lot more patient.

Just my two cents . . .
                        Last edited by Suzette; April 13, 2014, 06:58 AM.
                        Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

I like your two cents Suzette. I agree communication s does wonders.
                          Vicki C:icon_hi:

Comment

I can certainly understand everyone's concern on not getting there orders or parts of there orders. As suzette pointed out, how they respond is key to the complaint process. Any business is going to have feedback and hopefully most of that feedback is good! But unfortunately there are going to be unhappy customers. How they respond is key to turning the negative feedback to a positive. Generally when you have a complaint you want someone to listen to you, you want them to understand what you are unhappy about you also want them to acknowledge that they understand your complaint and if they are apologetic you generally feel better. You also want them to respond and correct the problem. Notifying the customer as to when the problem will be resolved is key. I don't run a fabric business, but I do operate a business in which we make numerous mistakes weekly...we employ humans...and mistakes happen. Listening, empathinzing, apologizing and responding are imperative in our complaint process. Sometimes, we really may not have made the mistake...doesn't matter...the guest is ALWAYS right, what we do to satisfy that guest is key.

As a consumer...I try to look at things logically...let's say they received 500 orders today... They make mistakes or dissatisfy a customer on 10 of those orders...they still pleased 98% of there customers.... Thats a great rating!

One thing I am certain is that Al reads the forum when he can...he also has the customers interests at heart...they will get the hang of it!
                            Mary
                            SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Hey everyone!! I wanted to thank you all for taking the time to give feedback on this stuff. I know it's really frustrating right now on some of this, and Suzette is right, the communication piece just needs to get better. Let me paint a bit of a picture on our end and maybe you guys have some ideas?

The thing we've noticed is that everything is connected. So if we get behind in fabric cutting, we get behind in shipping, if we're behind in shipping, we start getting emails saying "hey where's my order", if those pile up and we don't get to them right away we start getting more calls, as we get more calls, we get more voicemails, then our customer service team is transcribing voicemails and returning calls that are often duplicate tries at communicating with us. It's like the butterfly who flaps it's wings causes the tsunami on the other side of the world sort of thing. So there are a bunch of places in the process where if something goes wrong, everyone feels it.

Right now we have 12 shipping stations that we run day and night, it's not enough. We need to get to about 30 stations, but we just don't have room yet. We will, in June our new warehouse is slated to be done, and things will get much better, but right now we have to figure out how to get more packages out from the same number of stations, so I'm building tools to help our shipping and picking get better, but we're sort of hanging on for dear life until June. I think a great idea would be to put a notification on that review screen when placing an order so that you know. But if we can just get caught up from after the NBC stuff, we'd be set, we had a spike in orders but then it settled back down, but we are just always a few days from being caught up it seems. You'll notice we haven't done any promotions in the last 45 days, we aren't advertising anywhere, nothing until we can get our operations fixed up. But we are almost 4-5 days behind on orders right now. It's brutal, we're all in there everyday helping, if we can just get caught up.

With that being said, our customer service team has felt it as well. They share a room with Katie and Bob who do the photography for the website, there are 8 customer service people and then all the photography and such that has to happen in that little 20 x 20 room. One of the ideas we had was to start putting customer service people in other locations around town where we had room, so now we have one phone and computer station in the quilting lodge, one in the sewing center, we're going to put 2 more in the quilt shop as soon as there is room, etc. These ideas will all be pointless after June when we can get into the new warehouse where we'll have a huge room for customer service, but short of outsourcing our calls to some other country, we have to just muscle through our tough spot right now. You should start seeing the communication get better there too though, just last week we started our night crew for customer service emails and calls. We are trying to be as innovative as we can with our constraints and are very lucky to be able to have the light at the end of the tunnel from a space standpoint, we just have to not make everyone hate their experience with us before then, if you have any other ideas, I'd love to hear them?!

Love,
                              Al

Comment

Working...
                              X