Do you sell a thread thingy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you sell a thread thingy?

I just bought my first spool of thread that is actually on a cone. I have it sitting on the top of my machine, and it works OK. But, I thought I remember seeing something that sits next to your machine. The cone sits on it and it allows you to thread into the machine. Clear as mud?!! I would like to buy one of these, but can't find it yet.

Re: Do you sell a thread thingy?

Oh that is FUNNY!! Actually, Mom (jenny) uses those giant cones all the time.....They don't work very good on your machine's spool holder, so we purchased a clear jar. That's it. A clear glass vase, wide enough for thread. (we picked ours up at TJ Maxx, for 3 bucks.) Hahahah!! See, aren't we technical!

Just set your spool in it, and thread as usual. Good luck. I bet you have something like that laying around in the house already!

Have a great day....and keep those questions coming!!

Comment

Oh, thank you so much! Tomorrow is recycling day, so I'm going out there to see what's there. I might have something laying around otherwise. I would never have thought of that!

Comment

Actually i usually use a pint canning jar...but we got fancy for the tutorials!

Comment

GREAT idea! I had the cone bouncing around on top of my sewing machine too. The plastic cone holder thingie that came with my machine did not work. Now I can match the thread when using the serger and the regular machine without all of that commotion.

Love your screen name by the way! Chocolate & fabric = affordable luxuries! Well, usually! :mrgreen:
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I'm glad you like my name. I could also have done 'will quilt for Jr. Mints' but the name is too long!

Comment

haha, that is a great name! Today's daily deal (chocolate fat quarter bundle) is probably right up your alley

Comment

Working...
              X