I've had it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had it

Karen you mentioned that we shouldn't be continuing to complain about spam, and no offense, but it falls on deaf ears with you because you can't do anything more than what they allow you to do. Al maybe "chairman of the board" but that also comes with responsibilities. So here it is point blank, other than money why can't you put someone on here to monitor this forum, it would be nice to hear from someone maybe once a week checking in with updates, on technical and other problems letting us know they're on the job and we can message them. No offense again but, is your inbox filled with all this crap-o-la?? I'm usually very easy going, and don't like offending anyone, but enough is enough. ( I did send a copy to Al)
    Last edited by ktdid; October 8, 2021, 02:56 AM.
    Kate (Oklahoma)
    There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Sorry this is getting to you Katie. I have noticed that spam is rampant during the night -- which is why I now check in later, as most of it gets flagged, and gone by mid-day.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

A solution to the problem would be to charge for the forum, a nominal fee of perhaps $5 year would keep them away.
      Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        I like this idea, Claire, and think this may help a lot. I'd be willing to pay a small fee if it helped.

Looks like they got rid of the mother load that was loaded during the 1am period EDT, but there is more now!
      Yes, they may be robotically done, but it has to start with a human, right?

Just checked the profile of the member sending the garbage. No info like location. Surely there can be some key in the system that would block these folks or at least put them on hold if the info isn't complete so this nonsense can be stopped.
      Last edited by MHG Winnower; October 8, 2021, 09:45 AM.
      “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
      “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

I just scroll through them & ignore them.

Comment

• sydneybean
          sydneybean commented
          Editing a comment
          Me, too. I treat them like any other post that doesn't pertain to me.

I usually don't get to the Forum until late am/early pm and by that time it's cleaned up. Kate, maybe you could switch-up your daily routine so you can read the Forum posts later in the day. Believe me, I can understand the frustration because I have come here earlier and it's just too much to wade through and too upsetting. Not worth getting my blood pressure up, so I just log out and come back later.
        Michele
        ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~

Comment

Working...
        X