Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BRING BACK USER NOTES!!(My rant for the day)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BRING BACK USER NOTES!!(My rant for the day)

BRING BACK USER NOTES (they must be archived somewhere) AND GET RID OF THE CALENDAR AS IT IS USELESS NOW!! 😠 πŸ‘Ώ πŸ’’

Thanks for reading, RANT OVER!!!!

(Nobody pooped in my cornflakes this morning, LOL)

Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I don't know the old format and User Notes, Monique, but I'll happily sign your petition to get them returned!!
    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      It used to be under our Profile. We had notes about all sorts of things, from quilting to addresses. There was lots of good helpful information lost.

I’ll sign your rant! Yup....I agree... bring them back! Those who don’t know...you’ll love it, if they do bring them back.
    πŸ’« Star lover

Comment

• ktdid
      ktdid commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe we need a petition, I'll sign !!

I miss them as well!
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I had some items listed in my notes for my own benefit. lol, it's been so long, I'm not sure I could find them again, but it would be nice to have them back!

Agreed about the calendar, too. It was nice to have a place for birthdays.
      Katrina
      β€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I had over 80 pages of user notes. Lots of links and directions that I personally wrote for modifications/hacks to existing patterns. Someone suggested I publish these as an encyclopedia for new quilters. All gone now.

Comment

I agree that our User Notes are a huge loss. I also agree about the calendar being useless. Where do I sign?
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I also would like to have them back. I will sign.

Comment

There's a calendar? I'll sign

Comment

I totally agree! And what happened to our fix it guys anyway, where did they go?
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Monique
                Monique commented
                Editing a comment
                It better not be TMP!!

• TMP
                TMP commented
                Editing a comment
                If that happen Monique, I would just sit here and cry. Not only have ya'll helped me so much with quilting and life, but I love all of ya'll.

• Monique
                Monique commented
                Editing a comment
                We would just have to create another special place to gather

Yes, bring them back! Jean, I miss yours; so much good info there.
              Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

• Hulamoon
                Hulamoon commented
                Editing a comment
                replied to wrong post. lol

As I recall, M* told us that this new forum is based on new software. The new software doesn't have a "Notes" feature. There's probably not a lot of hope for the feature to be brought back.

There is, however, a little known site called the "Wayback Machine." I just visited it (waybackmachine.org) and found that the Wayback Machine has captured particular dates from the old forum. One of the dates I checked had a post from Jean Sewing Machine, so I followed the link to see if her notes were there. As we remember, notes are not available unless we are signed in, and I was unable to sign in.

Jean, if you could try while you're signed in on this forum, there's a chance that your current sign-in would give you access to your personal page. It's a long shot, but with eighty pages of notes, it may be worth your time. Search on "forum.missouriquiltco.com" (without the quotes), then pick a date before this new platform was introduced. And please let us know if it works!

EDIT: There's a post by Jean Sewing Machine on December 28, 2012, so try to find that date!
              Last edited by GuitarGramma; January 6, 2021, 02:08 PM.
              Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• Hulamoon
                Hulamoon commented
                Editing a comment
                Okay that was trippy. I used the site and checked a random date in Aug 2015. All sorts of older members like Sandy N and Blondie etc. I didn't see user notes though. I could navigate around, but no notes. I know I had them then.

• GuitarGramma
                GuitarGramma commented
                Editing a comment
                Lorie, my memory is that we could only access our User Notes when we were signed in to the forum. Since we can't sign in to the old site, our notes are inaccessible. But it is fun to see some of the original gang and their posts, isn't it?

• Monique
                Monique commented
                Editing a comment
                I just did some searching through old posts. What a trip indeed.

I think we should start an email campaign to Al (or whoever) announcing our displeasure.
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
                Jean Sewing Machine commented
                Editing a comment
                Dennis Day is answering the help desk questions, so he might be one of the programmers.

• TMP
                TMP commented
                Editing a comment
                Jean, I also miss your notes . Maybe we need to get you to write us a book.

It would be great to get to our notes. If nothing else, it would be awesome to be able to at least be able to copy them onto our computer so that we can have them. I had several that would have came in handy this fall.

Comment

I say if it ain't broken don't fix it. Sometimes new isn't always better.

Comment

Working...
                X