Shipping Again -- Grrrr!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Again -- Grrrr!!

Really disappointed with the FedEx Smartpost shipping option (yet again)... An order placed on 10/3/20 was shipped on 10/11/20. I get that and understand the delay in getting items out these days.

However the item then sat with FedEx in KS for several days before meandering to Indianapolis where it sat for a few more days before heading to MI for yet another vacation stop. In the meantime, there have been three separate delivery dates posted for this item and I seriously doubt that it will arrive tomorrow as promised yet again -- and the truck drivers with that package could have flung it out the window as they passed our house several times now...

I realize that MSQ can't control the shipment once it leaves your hands, but given the amount of shipping that you do you should have some influence with your shipper.

I have received several emails from MSQ urging me to come back and shop again since it has been a while since I have placed an order. Well, this is the reason why. I have other smaller vendors whose products may cost a few cents more, but I get the items in days instead of weeks and that is using USPS for delivery as well.

Sorry for the rant...

I think we've all been in your shoes. I'm not a fan of FedEx Sure Post either. Sometimes it works, sometimes it takes the scenic route.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

It's a business transaction. They ship so much that they probably went with the lowest. So for the company i work for they have a deal with UPS and i can overnight for 6$ fedex offers companies $3 shipping. Honestly that's why companies are still making money on shipping. Honestly

Comment

I feel your pain, man, I really do.
        TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

FedEx smart post......absolutely the worst! For that very reason I haven’t ordered from M* for almost a year.......my packages from it always take weeks.....never a few extra days. (And I totally understand delay from the current pandemic issue. Just not weeks!) Ah well, I have stash and am happy to shop from it. Not sure when....if ever....I’ll shop from M* again. 😢
          💫 Star lover

Comment

I think we have all made our feelings about Fed Ex smart post known for a good while to MSQ. I don't see them changing to another company for shipping no matter how much we complain or they would have already done it.

Comment

No response to years of complaints about Smart Post is a response, and speaks volumes IMHO.

Comment

Well, looks like we ordered on the same day and with the same issues. I dislike SurePost with a passion. There's no reason for a package to set for 4-5 days somewhere in transit. At first, when the Pandemic hit, I understood, I really did. However, the problem isn't just with the shipping companies and MSQC. It has to do with the way people are treating this COVID issue. I get it, it's scary and deadly however, if 60-65% of the population believes they are either too young to get COVID-19 or just don't care, it's scary to think about how many people are out there infecting people and they don't know it, but they are being careless. I get laughed at when I go to the store. I use wipes I've made myself with Sanitizer and wipe down every single can/box/package I put into my cart. I then do the same thing at the self check-out and REPEAT the process once I'm home. Now, just to clarify things, I don't go out more than 1-2 times per month and I have a lot of items in my "stores" here at home, so I really just need milk/eggs occasionally, etc. Sooner or later my freezer is going to need to be re-stocked and that's a worry too.
                When everyone got so bananas over toilet paper shortages I decided to make some wipes for myself to wash. This cuts down considerably on the use of toilet paper when you use it to just do your "dirty" job. There are YouTube videos about people that use cloth wipes and don't use toilet paper at all, but I'm not going that far! (I make mine out of muslin fabric. I measured the length of 4 pcs of toilet paper to make the reusable wipes. I have a small bucket with a lid with detergent, bleach & water in it and place the used wipes in the small container
                Anyway, I hope that things get better as far as shipping. I ordered a small broom vac from Walmart ($20...it's a Bissell and also is a hand vac too) and waited 12 days for that, so it isn't just MSQC.....Amazon started pulling that crap about delaying shipping and I have Amazon Prime (due to medical supplies I order among other things) and let Amazon know that they probably would lose a customer in 2021 (been an Amazon Prime member since 2006) if they continued to make orders late like they were doing and they did STOP this. Of course, Amazon has its own trucks that deliver goods now, so that does help.

Hopefully things will continue to get better and the US as well as other countries will figure out how to fight this COVID war.
                Last edited by redcaboose1717; October 25, 2020, 10:27 AM.
                Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Working...
                X