Free Patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Patterns

I know I mentioned this before, but I didn't articulate very well, what I would like to see MSQ do, is create a new header for Free vendor patterns. These are offered by the fabric companies, there are tons available at MSQ. but no way to find them, except by accident. I have downloaded a lot, and they stay in your account, so if you loose one, you can redownload them. It has nothing to do with copyrights etc. All MSQ needs to do is create a listing in one place to find them.
    Kathryn
    There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Of you could go to the fabric companies website and download them.
    Wendy
    http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

That would be nice for us, but I can understand why MSG (and other retailers) wouldn't want to do that. They are in the business of selling fabrics, notions, and yes patterns too. For obvious reasons they would prefer to sell us a pattern rather than give one away, which is why you have to really look/work to find the free ones, I can respect that. Don't get me wrong... I love finding free patterns too. I use to find lots of them on Crafty (before they became Blueprint). There are still many websites available with links to free patterns, and as wlrquilts mentioned; many of the fabric manufacturers have free patterns as well on their websites.

Comment

• redcaboose1717
        redcaboose1717 commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven't used Blueprint since Crafty became Blueprint. I enjoy finding a free pattern too....but I do think it isn't MSQC's job to make a website for FREE patterns. They do a lot for us. I enjoy the weekly tutorials by Jenny, the Triple Play by Jenny/Natalie & Misty, and Misty's Tuesday videos too.
        MSQC has been on YouTube since 2009. Think about that....11 yrs of FREE VIDEO TUTORIALS for anyone who goes to YouTube. No one has to go to MSQC's website to find the YouTube videos that Missouri Star Quilt Company has posted on YT AND their website.
        At first, MSQC was (in 2009) doing monthly videos....and then MSQC started doing weekly videos. How many of you have been here since Jenny was doing the videos right in their first small shop?
        I've been a forum member since April of 2011. I accidentally found MSQC...and it was amazing!!! I love the forum. The members here are amazing. Any where you look, quilters are people that love to share their craft with anyone. Quilters/Sewists are VERY helpful.
        I think it's awesome how Jenny and the Doan family have created "The Disneyland" of Quilting....right in a little tiny town called Hamilton that wasn't known for much other than being the birthplace of J.C. Penney, the department store giant we and our parents and grandparents have shopped for years at.
        Anyway, I don't really think it's MSQC job to make it possible for us to find all the FREE patterns there are out there for Quilting or other sewing projects.
        Free patterns aren't that hard to find. There's TONS of free patterns to find online.

Of course, this is just my opinion.....

There are many free patterns out there on the web. Quilter's Cache is one that comes to mind. Also Jordan's Fabrics, & Karen Brown's blog & videos. Other fabric outlets offer them as well as many bloggers. Just keep looking. M* offers you free or inexpensive patterns via their weekly tutorials & in the BLOCK magazine. YouTube is your friend. Lots there to pick from.

Comment

Guess I shouldn't have brought that subject up, I'll say no more about it
        Kathryn
        There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

Kathryn, It isn't a bad idea. I was just looking at Google, and there are quilt stores that have a page that links free patterns from different manufacturers.

What I would do is create a folders in your book mark the companies you like best. Then you can book mark and file the quilts you like in the appropriate file.

I would suggest, if you really want to make a specific quilt in the future, go on and print the pattern out. Sometimes the manufacturer cleans out the files and takes older patterns down once the fabric is no longer available.

https://www.fatquartershop.com/free-quilt-patterns,

https://www.goldenquiltcompany.com/free-patterns.html

https://www.thecalicocottagequiltsho..._Patterns/1008

Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Kathryn, you did no wrong sharing your idea in the forum. Isn't giving and receiving ideas and opinions the whole purpose of a forum? We might not always agree, but we can always be appreciative of another opinion (even if we don't agree). The only time we shouldn't share on a forum is when we don't want to hear other's opinions or thoughts on the matter. In those times when I don't want other opinions, ideas, or insights, then I stand before a mirror - state my opinion and walk away. That way no one can disagree with me

Comment

Working...
            X