Tech Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tech Guys

Would it be easy enough for you to put the "Mark Channels Read" that is now on the "Forums" page also on the New Topics page? I think it is easier marking things read from New Topics than having to always back link to the Forums page first :-)
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

sounds like a great idea
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

Not sure if that's a Thing we can do, but I'll run it by Steven!

Comment

I am having trouble navigating this new layout esp when I read a post where someone posts a picture. If I click on the picture then the orig post vanishes off the whats new list, and then I can't find the post again to make a comment on the picture. This has happened to me 4-5 times. Can you make this aspect more user friendly? Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? Is there something I need to click on or uncheck in my settings?? Thanks for putting up with my relentless complaints!

Comment

• jjkaiser
          jjkaiser commented
          Editing a comment
          Carlie I don't even know what that mark channels read thing is!!!

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
        Carlie I don't even know what that mark channels read thing is!!!
        Remember how after reading through the posts we were interested we could then click to have the rest of the posts "read" so then only the newer posts would come up under new topics? It's that, maybe you hadn't used that feature in the past? Now in order to do that we have to return to the First Forum page in order to mark all posts read. I was thinking it use to be on the New Topics page but it isn't now. Hard to remember now where that feature was but then I thought My Gosh wouldn't it be nice to have it on the new topics page :-)
        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

What about the ‘last unread post’ button. Can we get that back? It saved having to scroll down and figure out which post I read the last time I opened up a particular thread.
          Maria

Comment

Originally posted by Maria Sews View Post
            What about the ‘last unread post’ button. Can we get that back? It saved having to scroll down and figure out which post I read the last time I opened up a particular thread.
            There is a little red button before the post that I use and it takes me to the newest unread comment on that post. I don't know if that is what you are talking about tho

Comment

Originally posted by sydneybean View Post

There is a little red button before the post that I use and it takes me to the newest unread comment on that post. I don't know if that is what you are talking about tho
              No, that takes you to the last comment in the post regardless of whether you've read the all the comments or not. The one I'm speaking of you would see after you open the post. When you clicked on it, you would be taken to the last comment that YOU had read and then you could carry on reading the comment that came up and then all the comments that followed.

I hope I'm making sense....
              Maria

Comment

No, that takes you to the last comment in the post regardless of whether you've read the all the comments or not. The one I'm speaking of you would see after you open the post. When you clicked on it, you would be taken to the last comment that YOU had read and then you could carry on reading the comment that came up and then all the comments that followed.

I hope I'm making sense....
                I don't know. I just clicked on that red button on a post I had not yet read any of the comments on. It took me to the very first comment. If I click on it on a post I have already read comments on it takes me to the first comment I have not read.

Comment

Hmmmm....... that’s odd. I have no idea then. Thanks just the same for taking the time to respond.
                  Maria

Comment

This button with the two down arrows at the head of the topic takes you to the first comment you have not read:

Forum Go to Last Read.png

At least, that's how it works for me. Hope it helps!

Brian

Comment

Thanks Brian, that's what I was looking for. It used to be an option after you opened the thread on the old site so that was my confusion.
                      Maria

Comment

Thanks Brian, that's what I was looking for. It used to be an option after you opened the thread on the old site so that was my confusion.
                        That's what we're here for! Glad it works!

Comment

Working...
                        X